By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sucker Punch explain their exclusivity

Kynes said:
Ssliasil said:
Kynes said:

So the problem with Valve is lazyness, or moaning about the PS3? If Sucker Punch would have dismissed the 360, or the wii, saying "You can only do this game in the PS3", people would have reacted the same way?

Sucker Pnch already said Certain aspects of InFamous were only possible on the PS3.

That's why I said it. And the reactions were softer than the ones we get with Valve. Now that we have InFamous in the stores, do people really think this is correct, that the game can only be done on PS3? Is it so advanced in one concrete aspect that X360 couldn't handle it? Valve only said that it doesn't have financial reasons to them, giving harsh motives, but they didn't said that it couldn't be done.

You're going off topic here.... Valve works with 2 platforms while SuckerPunch so far has only been known to work with 1. And what they're saying right now has nothing to do with what each system can handle, but that focusing on one system alone works well for them. Why is it a SONY platform???? They most likely developed a great relationship with SONY during the PS2 days. If things are still moving well, and they can still make the games they want and they're not in any financial trouble thanks to SONY, there's no reason for them to try other platforms.

Valve pretty much said that they don't want to bother with PS3 development because they don't feel the need to try working with such a different platform. They're mainly PC devs and 360 is the closest thing to PC right now when it comes to console so it's understandable why they wouldn't mind giving the 360 a shot. It's not about laziness, it's about sticking with a business model that works for you.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Kynes said:
Ssliasil said:
Kynes said:

So the problem with Valve is lazyness, or moaning about the PS3? If Sucker Punch would have dismissed the 360, or the wii, saying "You can only do this game in the PS3", people would have reacted the same way?

Sucker Pnch already said Certain aspects of InFamous were only possible on the PS3.

That's why I said it. And the reactions were softer than the ones we get with Valve. Now that we have InFamous in the stores, do people really think this is correct, that the game can only be done on PS3? Is it so advanced in one concrete aspect that X360 couldn't handle it? Valve only said that it doesn't have financial reasons to them, giving harsh motives, but they didn't said that it couldn't be done.

Bluray?

JEDE3 said:
ssj12 said:
JEDE3 said:
ssj12 said:
SamuelRSmith said:
They're lazy devs, what they're basically saying is that they can't be bothered to make games for the 360 because they're crap, lazy developers.

Like Valve and Bungee?

Exactly like valve. Not so much Bungee since they were a first party studio and after becoming independant are still contracted by MS.

thats only for Halo. There is no reason why they cannot make other games except for Halo.

I thought it was every game. MS has first say if they want it exclusive or not. Why shouldn't they cash in on Halo? Its what they know makes money. But if you were to say they are lazy by not trying to do something different I'd agree with you.

You're right, MS does have first say on every game they make.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

If the reason is "Because we just didn't feel like it" then theyre lazy.

axumblade said:
JEDE3 said:
If the reason is "Because we just didn't feel like it" then theyre lazy.

OR because they have a great relationship with Sony and don't want to compromise it by going to the competition....But hey...your way works too. I'd like you to design a better game for multiple consoles and then get back to me on how that works for you.

Did they say anything of the sorts? If it's because they want to keep sony's financial backing then thats cool.

Around the Network
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Kynes said:
Ssliasil said:
Kynes said:

Bluray?

The weight of the demo is just over a gigabyte, and it contains one of the three islands in the game. I don't think that if you can put in one gig all the animations, textures and wireframe of one island, engine, some music and much sounds... you need more than 7 gig for the other two islands and the campaign related content.It doesn't make sense. This isn't a demo with one of a lot of levels, it's a free roaming, limited time demo.

what lazy developers who make bad games :-p

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Hypocrisy at its finest.....

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

axumblade said:
jesus kung fu magic said:

Hypocrisy at its finest.....

howso?

Not the article but the thread itself....

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

again the question is asked. "How so?"