By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sucker Punch explain their exclusivity

jesus kung fu magic said:

Hypocrisy at its finest.....

Agreed, wholeheartedly.  If a dev is exlusive to your console, it's totally cool.  If they are exclusive to the competition, they are lazy.

If you take out the personal preference Newell expressed against PS3, then Valve and Sucker Punch gave essentially the SAME reason for remaining console exclusive - less headaches, less compromise, more fun.

I think some people just don't want to admit that it is Newell's personal stance on the PS3 that they have issues with.

Around the Network
JEDE3 said:
again the question is asked. "How so?"

Valve does the exact same thing and they get flamed.....need the J man say more?

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

JEDE3 said:

Valve does the exact same thing and they get flamed.....need the J man say more?

Wheres the hypocrisy?

JEDE3 said:
JEDE3 said:

Wheres the hypocrisy?

Sucker punch gets support for doing the same thing.... read between the lines...

axumblade said:
JEDE3 said:

I don't think I personally flamed Valve for it.

JEDE3 did though but he also flamed Sucker Punch...

Personally I think it's best for some 3rd party's to make exclusives for their consoles...It adds diversity to the systems and for each game on only 1 platform, it makes my decision of which system to buy the game for that much easier..

O no dont take the J man the wrong way because he isnt pointing fingers at anyone..........its just that this thread has a better "atmosphere" then the essencially same valve thread.

Around the Network
axumblade said:
JEDE3 said:

Personally I think it's best for some 3rd party's to make exclusives for their consoles...It adds diversity to the systems and for each game on only 1 platform, it makes my decision of which system to buy the game for that much easier..

Is that the guy from the big bang theory?

J-man - isn't very omnipotent. I still see no hypocrisy.

axumblade said:
JEDE3 said:

O no dont take the J man the wrong way because he isnt pointing fingers at anyone..........its just that this thread has a better "atmosphere" then the essencially same valve thread.

NO FUCKING DUH!

That's because of all the 360 and valve fan boys who brought out the torches and pitch forks looking for a witch hunt and got overly defensive.

It wasn't because anyone flamed them it was because of the VDF.

No one gives a rats ass if people say SP is crap.

axumblade said:
JEDE3 said:

J man is spot on. While in one thread we have tons of comments bashing Valve, here we have a majority of comments praising Sucker Punch. Double standards.

JEDE3 said:
axumblade said:
JEDE3 said:

NO FUCKING DUH!

That's because of all the 360 and valve fan boys who brought out the torches and pitch forks looking for a witch hunt and got overly defensive.

It wasn't because anyone flamed them it was because of the VDF.

No one gives a rats ass if people say SP is crap.

Offense brings out defence.......not the other way around.

Ssliasil said:
Kynes said:

So the problem with Valve is lazyness, or moaning about the PS3? If Sucker Punch would have dismissed the 360, or the wii, saying "You can only do this game in the PS3", people would have reacted the same way?

Sucker Pnch already said Certain aspects of InFamous were only possible on the PS3.

Seeing how they've also stated that they've written specifically for the several processors, that would be a correct statement :-/

@ the man who keeps talking to himself in the third person:

Easy: Valve bashes a console (once again), Sucker Punch does not.