By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Team Ico series has overtaken Zelda as greatest adventure series!! By MM.2.

megaman.2. said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
You call this a great discussion? It was mostly people telling you you're crazy because you made a ridiculous claim in your OP as if it was fact, you called it a fact, and you actually made no argument at all. You just... stated something ludicrous to piss people off. It worked.

Those were not my intentions, its not ludicrous stating that Team Ico series has overtaken Zelda. I personally don't own many zelda games but it was not my aim to piss people off

Fixed for accuracy.

Around the Network

Why all the flaming towards mm2? it's only making you people look bad, since he answers in such a calm way.

nopes, over a decade later and i still remember how great link's awakening and a link to the past was and still is. i'm not so sure 10 years from now i will have the same fond memories of SoTC and ICO.

Christhor said:
Why all the flaming towards mm2? it's only making you people look bad, since he answers in such a calm way.

He does that on purpose to make people even more pissed off.

fabledgamer said:
nopes, over a decade later and i still remember how great link's awakening and a link to the past was and still is. i'm not so sure 10 years from now i will have the same fond memories of SoTC and ICO.

@ fabledgamer: I certainly will.

@ Thread: I think both Ico and SoTC are being a bit under-handed here. I understand that for many, it doesn't hold as dear a place in their hearts as Zelda does, but they are both extraordinarily fantastic games.

The experiences drawn from these games left many dumbfounded and speechless. Never before had such an experience been offered in a game, I know I felt that way, anyhow.

The games are very different, and hence this thread is pretty silly, but it simply comes down to what you're looking for in a game. For what SoTC and ICO do, they are both incredibly revered for it. Less so than Zelda, I'm not sure, but it isn't so absurd to think so.

Anyhow, if you can't take my word, or the word of a handful of others here, then listen to the creative genious of Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth): "There are only two games I consider masterpieces: Ico and Shadow of the Colossus." Not that his opinion is any more valid than the next person's, it's just that it is even highly revered among others who are highly revered in different mediums.

Just as final note, as I don't want to get grilled for what I'm saying: I'm in no way downplaying Zelda and accept that the vast majority of gamers would easily choose Zelda. Many, as evidenced in this very thread, would even laugh at those who would consider it close or call it blasphemous. I'm just trying to say that it is reasonable to think of them as equals, or perhaps Team ICO as having an advantage, and it isn't as quite absurd as many of you are making it out to be.

Around the Network

I'm not choosing a side. You could divide me into two people, one who argues for Team ICO and one who argues for the Zelda games, and it would be like World War III, only with just two people.

Yes, Shadow of the Colossus and ICO are that good.

indodude said:
Christhor said:

loool

<embed src="http://card.mygamercard.net/gears2goty/omar7700.swf" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="198" height="135">
</embed>

i like the team ico games but Zelda is still better

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

megaman.2. said:
killeryoshis said:
megaman.2. said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
killeryoshis said:
How come evey Thread megaman2 makes it gets over 200 replies. When I make a thread I barly make it over 20

Because every thread he creates is flamebait, and he sticks around in the thread to personally piss off every single person who joins in.  Notice the alternate spelling in his name.  This is his 3rd or 4th account.

Flamebait? This thread was created merely for discussion purposes only

Yeah you need to stop creating threads

I can never stop entertaining

Than let somone else make the thread

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

megaman.2. said:
indodude said:
Christhor said:

loool

I made you sir. I can break you.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.