By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Team Ico series has overtaken Zelda as greatest adventure series!! By MM.2.

TX109 said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
I have yet to see anybody other than MM2 actually argue that any Zelda game, or Team Ico game, or anything else, is better than Link's Awakening. People are just saying this "franchise as a whole" crap. A few people have snuck in a little "Ocarina is the best" BS, but even they can't explain why it's better than Link's Awakening. Because nothing is. Nothing.

It's a Zelda game without Zelda, Hyrule, Ganon, or the Triforce, but with Shy Guys, Will Wright, and a jump button! The game is unstoppable. Even Aonuma says it was the quintessential isometric Zelda, meaning it's better than A Link to the Past. I find it hard to believe that anybody who thinks Link to the Past is the best Zelda has played Link's Awakening. I can at least understand the Ocarina fans, because they have some boner for the 3rd dimension at the expense of better gameplay and better story (like FF7 fans). But Link to the Past fans... you need to dust off your Game Boy and taste perfection.

i have to disagree with you. i have played link's awakening and IMO it wasnt as good as either LttP or OoT. i can understand why you like link's awakening so much because it was an excelent input in the franchise. but simply saying that every zelda game ever made is below is just plain wrong.

i like OoT better because, i think, it had a better plot, dungeons, and gameplay. i didnt care that much for the jump button, and obviously neither did nintedno. i also like LttP more because it was just far better IMO. i thought there was more to that game than link's awakening. also shy guys and will wright should not have been in link's awakening.

i know your gonna disagree with me but i thought i might let you know that there are reasons why other zelda games are better.

If you prefer the plot, dungeons, and gameplay of the other games, that's fine, but you really think Link to the Past had more going on than Link's Awakening?  It had 2-D and 3-D sections, item trading, weapon mixing (dash+jump, arrow+bomb, etc.) the Yoshi doll game, the ability to rob stores and be called THIEF for the rest of the game, and more.

I also think it had the best plot of any Zelda with the Surrealist nested dream stuff going on.  I'm really into Surrealism.  It was also the first Zelda to introduce music as a major plot point.

For me, LA > TP > LTTP > the rest.  I need to play through them all at least one more time each to finish my order.  I'd probably put Adventure of Link and Majora's Mask pretty high up there too.  I've loved every Zelda I've played so far though.  I'm not knocking Ocarina of Time at all.  I just think it was in the right place at the right time, like FF7.

Around the Network

LOL, they're completely different games to even start with. Still, ICO and Shadow of the Colossus feels empty compared to Zelda, they don't have the life, complexity and dynamism from the Zelda series. Sorry, but Team Ico series haven't overtaken Zelda, yet.

Bait thread locked.