By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Team Ico series has overtaken Zelda as greatest adventure series!! By MM.2.

Haha yeah, Zelda games do have a fairly ridgid formula with the entire temples thing. They even often have a dual world theme built in somewhere (OoA, OoT, OoT, MM and LttP all do at least).

What Zelda game had a lava temple though?

Around the Network

I don't see how a fantastic use of graphics can be seen as a crutch. I have no idea if they'd make a great 2D game, but it seems unlikely that they'll be put to the test in that, because they started making games after 3d because standard.

And I would make posts aimed at the thread, Zen. The thread is ridiculous, luckily it has mostly moved on from its original topic.

Rath said:
Haha yeah, Zelda games do have a fairly ridgid formula with the entire temples thing. They even often have a dual world theme built in somewhere (OoA, OoT, OoT, MM and LttP all do at least).

What Zelda game had a lava temple though?

Is it not called a Lava temple?  I know I've been in a vulcano to save Gorons in some form or another a few times.  Is it called the Fire temple?

Torillian said:

@Zen

If you'll look, I never ever agreed with Megaman. My only contention has been that I like Ico games more than Zelda. But it is obvious that any objective measure will have Zelda on top. I just don't like people coming in here and laughing as though Ico games are no where near good enough.

Also, I don't see how you can call Ico games formulaic and think Zelda games aren't. How many more times must I go into the Lava temple?

You know, that's not too far off from "How many more times must I go into a temple?"  Complaining about there being a lava temple in every game (even though there isn't one in MM) is too general.  Now, if you're complaining about there being a lava temple where you put on iron boots and walk on magnetic walls and use magnets to navigate around the temple and rescue Gorons and get the bow and arrow for more than two games in a row, THEN we might have a problem with being formulaic.

lol you try to shove your opinion down our throats and yet only like two people agreed with you..

now will you stop being a sony fanboy and actually give credit where credit is due?

Zelda is Much much better my friend

hello how are you.

Around the Network

I think paperdiego was talking to the OP.

Damn it, I keep forgetting that people might not have moved on from the topic like I have. The original topic is just so dumb I assumed most would ignore it.

Look,if team Ico releases 2 more really great,unique and innovative games and Zelda wii sucks or drops the quality of a zelda game lower than twilight princess did,then the answer is yes!if not,the answer is no!Just so you know,in my country,due to piracy,the 2 most-known systems are the NES and the PS2.The PS2 is more recent so 98% of the average people(rich people that travel out or spend a lot of time on the web so are more exposed excluded) play only the PS1 & 2,and know little to nothing of the existence of any other console.Wait,I have a point i'm tryin 2 get to....
90% of the time,they play soccer.5% racing games.4% shooting games(usually 3rd person),DMC & GOW.1% others.Therefore,they consider God of War the best adventure game ever and consider it blasphemy when I say Zelda is better.(they've never heard of or played it).Even when I play it in front of them,after a few seconds they decide its shit and babish.Those type of mpeople would even think less of team Ico's games...

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Torillian said:

the story of slowly killing colossi and becoming increasingly evil yourself is a story, whether they use text to spell it out or visuals. A wanderer who decides to become evil to save the woman he loves. and you're telling me it has the same amount of story as Tetris? Bullshit.

How about this, since you don't like the word story I'll use the word atmostphere. They use an atmosphere to convey emotions with a simple story but one that is meaningful and extremely well thought out.

I never picked up the "becoming more evil" part. Honestly. I think they should have spelled it out.

Anyway, yes, atmosphere.

That said, OOT's atmosphere can compare favorably to either ICO game.

Take no offence in this, but you botched playing Shadow of the Colossus then. And asking for a more explicite narration in this case is like asking for a wholly different tale, because it's a game made of silences and empty spaces.

The whole point of those ellipses whould have been undone by handholding the player through them.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman