By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Team Ico series has overtaken Zelda as greatest adventure series!! By MM.2.

Khuutra said:
TX109 said:
lol, you sir are a very funny person

i mean there is no way you can honestly be comparing the ico games to the zelda franchise.
thats like alex kidd vs. master chief in an awsome contest.

....and if you are serious, you have no idea what your talking about. Its very hard to beleive that you can think this stuff up and actuyally be serious. look pal, sales and reveiw wise zelda is still, and will continue to be, on top. dont get me wrong, the ico games are very good. but to try to say that they are better than zelda is just flat out wrong. so far all iv seen of the last guardian is a very strange trailer, and that somehow makes it better than the zelda series? what?
also the zelda series is not falling in quality. i dont even know where you came up with that

If you people don't stop dismissing the very idea of ICO games standing up to the Zelda series just out of hand, I am going to start arguing for it just to play devil's advocate.

Oh come on Khuutra, obviously someone with a Ganondorf avatar is perfectly comparing the two.

OT: Yeah, defending Team Ico is basically why I've been in this thread the entire time, except for when I was arguing with that Sheep avatar guy about Sales being directly related to quality.  Tough seeing people who haven't played it write off the possibility entirely.  'least most of them admit they're good games.

Around the Network
Torillian said:

Oh come on Khuutra, obviously someone with a Ganondorf avatar is perfectly comparing the two.

OT: Yeah, defending Team Ico is basically why I've been in this thread the entire time, except for when I was arguing with that Sheep avatar guy about Sales being directly related to quality.  Tough seeing people who haven't played it write off the possibility entirely.  'least most of them admit they're good games.

i have played both ico games and to me, they werent that great. what did you expect me to say? "OMG!!!!YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!!!!"?

TX109 said:
Torillian said:

i have played both ico games and to me, they werent that great. what did you expect me to say? "OMG!!!!YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!!!!"?

Laughing at the comparison is condescending to the series.  People talk about OOT being the greatest game ever all the time and I disagree, but I don't laugh at them and talk about how it's impossible.  Or to do a more similar situation, when people deride FF7, which sold more than any other FF and has some of the best reviews, but I don't laugh at them for thinking so.

It's sad that you didn't get what others have out of Team Ico games, but respect them for the great games they are.  I personally don't think Zelda games deserve the praise they get because the storyline is always pretty much a toss away which is a huge downer for me, but I don't go around laughing at people who enjoy them all call them fantastic like yourself.

Torillian said:
TX109 said:
Torillian said:

Laughing at the comparison is condescending to the series.  People talk about OOT being the greatest game ever all the time and I disagree, but I don't laugh at them and talk about how it's impossible.  Or to do a more similar situation, when people deride FF7, which sold more than any other FF and has some of the best reviews, but I don't laugh at them for thinking so.

It's sad that you didn't get what others have out of Team Ico games, but respect them for the great games they are.  I personally don't think Zelda games deserve the praise they get because the storyline is always pretty much a toss away which is a huge downer for me, but I don't go around laughing at people who enjoy them all call them fantastic like yourself.

why is it sad that i didnt see what others, such as yourself,see in the ico games? i could say to you its sad that you dont see what most others see in zelda.

people calling them fantastic is one thing, when someone believes something i dont i dont usually call them out on it. but to create a whole thread based around declaring that the games you like are better than the games others like is just plain wrong. especially comeing from megaman2.he didnt compare anything, he just declared it. would you be that happy if someone made a whole thread to declare that your favorite series is nothing compared to a series you dont think is that great?. maybe i went a bit overboard in my original post but of course im going to defend my favorite series.

im sorry that you dont like it, but thats my opinion. IMO the ico games just cant stand up to the zelda games, i didnt think they were that great. if you disagree, thats fine.

How come evey Thread megaman2 makes it gets over 200 replies. When I make a thread I barly make it over 20

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network
killeryoshis said:
How come evey Thread megaman2 makes it gets over 200 replies. When I make a thread I barly make it over 20

Because every thread he creates is flamebait, and he sticks around in the thread to personally piss off every single person who joins in.  Notice the alternate spelling in his name.  This is his 3rd or 4th account.

Its a stupid comparison.

And no, Zelda is to me still by far a greater series than the ICO series, perhaps in your opinion not the better series, but its fairly hard to deny its greatness. I mean its a series that has basically invented its own genre and then layed down some of the greatest games of all time across all genres in it, and these games have stood the test of time (LttP, OoT, LADX and MM to name some of the best).

ICO is a new series that has yet to really face the test of time (though I suspect SotC at least will still be awe inspiring in ten years) and has only two games in it. These games may be better than the last two Zelda games but it doesn't make it a 'greater' series.

Also why do you have to go and make threads about sony games being better than Nintendo games all the time? Doesn't it seem slightly petty?

Khuutra said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
Khuutra said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
Hey I never cited sales or review scores. I stated the obvious fact that Link's Awakening > any other Zelda or Team Ico game. MegaMan 2 refused to have that argument, because he would lose, and also because he hasn't played the world's greatest Zelda game, so he's unqualified to even have this discussion.

Rubang is your game collection incomplete?

Like, the PS2 part

Do you want to argue the facts or do you want to attack my credibility?  What are you trying to do, pull a Rubang?

No nemesis of mine gets through a situation like this without having his character questioned

(also I never finished Link's Awakening)

Eww, gross.  You mean you actually started it and didn't finish it?  I didn't know that was possible.  At least I have Shadow of the Colossus on my wish list.  It'll be the 3rd game I buy when I pick up a cheap PS2 (after both Katamari games of course, I do have my priorities).

Torillian said:

How?  What do the Zelda stories lack?  From a literary standpoint, the Zelda games contain great irony, ambiguity, symbolism, and theme, which are all characteristics of great writing.

blegs1992 said:
Torillian said:

How?  What do the Zelda stories lack?  From a literary standpoint, the Zelda games contain great irony, ambiguity, symbolism, and theme, which are all characteristics of great writing.

Zelda stories are just something to get you to the next gameplay section and then off to a temple.  Team Ico games had stories which actually affected me emotionally as well as many others, while Zelda games have only really succeeded in being interesting enough that I wanted to finish like most every game I've played with a story.