By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Tiger Woods review 9.0

http://wii.ign.com/articles/993/993199p2.html

9.0 Presentation
Sleek, stylized menus with great pointer controls. New courses and golfers. Enhanced online mode. Customization options are endless.
7.5 Graphics
A little better than last year's game. The 3D engine is good, but not outstanding. Tiger animates fluidly. Courses look like their real-life counterparts. Textures could be crisper.
7.5 Sound
Good music in menus and the in-game sound effects and commentary are appropriate, but not standout.
9.0 Gameplay
A great golf game made even better with MotionPlus controls. You won't want to stop playing. And if you ever grow tired of golf, there's Disc Golf, also an addiction.
10 Lasting Appeal
The PGA Tour Mode alone will keep you busy for weeks, if not months. There's also new courses, mini-games, disc golf, and a robust online offering. Replay value is limitless.
Outstanding
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Golf is a no-brainer for MotionPlus, really. I can't wait to try frisbee golf myself, but the only thing missing is non-mediocre graphics.

9.0 Presentation
Sleek, stylized menus with great pointer controls. New courses and golfers. Enhanced online mode. Customization options are endless.
7.5 Graphics
A little better than last year's game. The 3D engine is good, but not outstanding. Tiger animates fluidly. Courses look like their real-life counterparts. Textures could be crisper.
7.5 Sound
Good music in menus and the in-game sound effects and commentary are appropriate, but not standout.
9.0 Gameplay
A great golf game made even better with MotionPlus controls. You won't want to stop playing. And if you ever grow tired of golf, there's Disc Golf, also an addiction.
10 Lasting Appeal
The PGA Tour Mode alone will keep you busy for weeks, if not months. There's also new courses, mini-games, disc golf, and a robust online offering. Replay value is limitless.
Outstanding
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

# of games above 75 on Metacritic (including downloadable):

360: 241     DS: 144

PS3: 152     PSP: 126

Wii: 85

Around the Network

O_O 3 9's in a row....I'm saying a 8.6 end average...

Former something....

Wow, this may be the first Tiger Woods game I buy. It's getting amazing reviews.

Pre ordered mine long ago. This game will push well over 4 million. (Well 4 may be a wii bit high)

I'm really tempted to get this...

Former something....

Around the Network

The frisbee golf is actually the part of this game that makes me want to possibly buy it. Anyone that's ever played frisbee golf would understand why. It is a fun game to play.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
The frisbee golf is actually the part of this game that makes me want to possibly buy it. Anyone that's ever played frisbee golf would understand why. It is a fun game to play.

I LOVE frisbee golf.

hot dam n thats a good store

If you have played this, post your impressions here:

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76401

I just put my initial impressions, as well as a list of all online, traditional and arcade modes, as well as the complete list of mini games. And of course the list of all 27 courses available.

I'd love to see what others think as well.....

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

Wow. The lasting appeal really raises eyebrows. Below gameplay, that is the most important reason for a purchase.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."