By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata - Nintendo will not stand still while Sony/Microsoft progress

theRepublic said:
killeryoshis said:
damkira said:

Nintendo is not worried about Natal etc.. from what I've seen they are going to continue to be successful with Mii Motion Plus.. and that costs $20 for the upgrade instead of the $200 for Natal.

It really costs 200 dollers O_o Why, How?That thing must be advance

It is not confirmed, but that is the rumor based on some tech writer's article.  He looked at the technology the Natal uses and gave his best estimate of a price for it.

WEll if they wnat to be competive with that price they need to cut it by 15 dollers

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network
killeryoshis said:
theRepublic said:
killeryoshis said:
damkira said:

Nintendo is not worried about Natal etc.. from what I've seen they are going to continue to be successful with Mii Motion Plus.. and that costs $20 for the upgrade instead of the $200 for Natal.

It really costs 200 dollers O_o Why, How?That thing must be advance

It is not confirmed, but that is the rumor based on some tech writer's article.  He looked at the technology the Natal uses and gave his best estimate of a price for it.

WEll if they wnat to be competive with that price they need to cut it by 15 dollers

I think they would have to cut it by more than that.  The price is just for Natal.  The 360 console is separate.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Great! I really hope Ninty will bring something awesome!

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Sometimes I think these companies are on the verge of declaring war

mM

Incidentally, as someone pointed out on another forum, this article proves Malstrom's assertion of last year, that Motion plus' unveiling was a pre-emptive attack against Sony and Microsoft bringing out their own motion controls at E3.

“To tell the truth,” Iwata says, “I expected them to come up with stuff like this last year. So in my mind they’re later than expected.”

(if you go to the original source, the Times article)

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network

Nintendo is too far ahead to be worried atm. By the early reviews for new Tiger Woods game, WM+ is a winner, and will sell. They're 99% sure of winning this generation.

Nintendo now needs to focus on the next console, which will hopefully support majority of the Wii hardware addons.

Good to hear.

4 ≈ One

IxisNaugus said:
I am getting the impression that Nintendo are more into the competition of "innovation" rather than "better tech".

better tech didnt work for them for 2 generations, they found innovation  and look at them now.Sure next  time they will apply innovation and stronger hardware kick to compliment .So far part of this tech is the holo disks technology which makes blue rays look like vhs.

Nintendo never fails to deliver (at least not for me). Bring it!

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

Well, they have to, I saw some great technology in E3 that came out of the competition.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)