By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata - Nintendo will not stand still while Sony/Microsoft progress

Mr Khan said:

The gauntlet is cast!

What does that mean?  Everyone's been saying that around the net lately...

Around the Network

cool , cant wait to see what they have up their sleeves. :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Demotruk said:

Incidentally, as someone pointed out on another forum, this article proves Malstrom's assertion of last year, that Motion plus' unveiling was a pre-emptive attack against Sony and Microsoft bringing out their own motion controls at E3.

“To tell the truth,” Iwata says, “I expected them to come up with stuff like this last year. So in my mind they’re later than expected.”

(if you go to the original source, the Times article)

It sure does.  Malstrom validated once again.

I expect only the best from the great man

Well he better have better things in mind than a thingy that takes your pulse.

There is much hatred out for Wii but much love for DS,all they really need to do is get the same love DS has also for Wii.

Easier said than done.

Around the Network

Vitality sensor

Check out my game about moles ^

Kenology said:
Mr Khan said:

The gauntlet is cast!

Fight! Fight! Fight!

It just means that the fight is on. It's a fight between a pro boxer and a child though. With Nintendo being the boxer lol.

Kenology said:
Mr Khan said:

The gauntlet is cast!

In Medieval times, a Knight challenged his opponent by throwing his gauntlet down. Picking it up meant the challenge was accepted. So throwing down the gauntlet means to set forth a challenge. So in this situation it would actually be more apt to say that Nintendo just picked the gauntlet up, not threw it down.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

My money is on a camera gizmo.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

leo-j said:
Sometimes I think these companies are on the verge of declaring war

Fanboys have been doing that on their behalf for at least two decades. I'm beginning to wonder if the bignobs realise this and are relying on them as a free marketing front.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3