By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What, no 48.8% thread?

Expect it to stay that way when the PS3 and the 360 rise from their slump...

Around the Network

I think 44.8% is the highest ever for Wii.

Think it's the 2nd or 3rd time it have reached that mark.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

@Esmoreit - Think about how many Wii Sports fans are out there, when they find out there's more, there will be a lot of people picking it up.

@Xen - The issue is exactly that - WHEN will the HD consoles come out of their slump? The Wii is set to have a much more active 6 months than the first 6 were. What is the console-pusher for each of the HD twins? The only thing I can see in the distance of merit is FF13

I think the reason we didn't see anything is because Wii already went passed 48.8 a while ago and simply dropped down a bit recently.

lol, wouldn't this thread count as the 48.8% thread?

Enjoy

Around the Network
bardicverse said:
@Esmoreit - Think about how many Wii Sports fans are out there, when they find out there's more, there will be a lot of people picking it up.

Gangbusters is a lot, right? I was saying that Resort will sell a lot of copies but won't move that much hardware. I think that New SMB wii will sell more wii's

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Esmoreit said:
bardicverse said:

Gangbusters is a lot, right? I was saying that Resort will sell a lot of copies but won't move that much hardware. I think that New SMB wii will sell more wii's

I guess it is, from the context people use it in. The ironic part is, WSR will move a lot of hardware - Motion+ devices   I agree, a lot of people will embrace the new SMB, but I'm so confused as to what market is buying more Wiis, it seems like the fitness games are the ones shining through lately.

chasmatic12 said:
Actually, expect it to go up this year with the obliteration that comes with Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit Plus and Monster Hunter Tri.

No mention of NSMB Wii? 

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

bardicverse said:
jlauro said:
Wasn't it up to 48.9% at one point and dropped some? Anyways, I thought the majority of people were complaining about .1% threads and that you really should wait for it to reach 49%.

Nah, I'm already waiting for enough stuff, between the Sony guys telling me to wait for PS3 domination, 360 fans telling me to wait for Natal, I can't have the Wii fans tell me to wait for 49% too. Too much waiting, no action. What if we all died tomorrow? Like Bob Marley said, I don't wanna wait in vain forever.

Actually I think he said wait in vain for your love

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

If EA Sports Active could cause a 30K gap between the Wii and its competitors combined, WSR could cause an even bigger plateau during the usually slow summer months.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here