By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What, no 48.8% thread?

SamuelRSmith said:
Why did I read the title in Zoidberg's voice?

Now I'm hearing it too....

Former something....

Around the Network
tuoyo said:
bardicverse said:
jlauro said:
Wasn't it up to 48.9% at one point and dropped some? Anyways, I thought the majority of people were complaining about .1% threads and that you really should wait for it to reach 49%.

Nah, I'm already waiting for enough stuff, between the Sony guys telling me to wait for PS3 domination, 360 fans telling me to wait for Natal, I can't have the Wii fans tell me to wait for 49% too. Too much waiting, no action. What if we all died tomorrow? Like Bob Marley said, I don't wanna wait in vain forever.

Actually I think he said wait in vain for your love

I stand corrected, I always heard it as "forever". My point still stands tho

huh. didn't noticed it.

I can only see it going up at least one more year due to many games available and more to come.. I bet that by jan 2010 will get at 50% more or less.

Why would wii motion plus and wii sports resort give the wii a boost ?
it's things mostly the current owners should be interested in.

Check out my game about moles ^

^The same reason why the Wii wasn't as slow as the previous year due to EA Sports Active, in the way that it strikes a chord with the typical consumer.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Around the Network
Staude said:
Why would wii motion plus and wii sports resort give the wii a boost ?
it's things mostly the current owners should be interested in.

Well it should interest all those who have been saying they have no interest in waggle but the truth is they hate Nintendo so much nothing will interest them not even the thought of super realistic golf, tennis games, sword fighting games

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

I know why, now!

"What, no marshmallows?!"

It might hit 50% when wm+ and wsr comes out, then lose some, then hit 55 during christmas. I expect it then to go down to 50 again and slowly decline throughout 2010, and hit 50% again that x-mas.

theprof00 said:
It might hit 50% when wm+ and wsr comes out, then lose some, then hit 55 during christmas. I expect it then to go down to 50 again and slowly decline throughout 2010, and hit 50% again that x-mas.

I doubt that it'll jump that quickly upward or settle back down. It takes a month or 2 even during peak Christmas holiday time for it to move 1%.  The gradual climb, at the likely rate is to 50% by the end of the holiday season this year. It might falter by 0.1 percent only when FF13 comes out, but eventuall regain soon thereafter.

From what history's proven, there's little that will push the HD console sales greatly. Every single game that's come out for them with the exception of big names like GTA4, MGS4, Halo 3, etc, has failed to really move systems. While the PS3 and 360 offerings are solid, there's nothing that's going to attract new gamers to the console, only entertain the crowd they already cater to. Even with ther eventual motion technologies, its too late and too obscure to try to cash in on a casual market.

@bardic
1st Paragraph:
They will probably sell close to 4M in the two months of november and december.... That should add at least 2%. If that is boosted significantly by wsr (throughout the year as well) then we might be looking at 4% extra. Besides that PS360 don't really have any big big games coming this year. (unless ff13 comes out in Japan).

2nd P:
I'm guessing you wrote this because I said that the ratio will start to decline in 2010. I think that with a price drop for ps3, and big big names coming out for both in the future, as well as motion controls for both, wii market share will start to decline.

Plus, I think that your use of the the term "new gamers" is inaccurate.