By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My ps3 has broken...AGAIN!!!

Don't you get one year warranty when you get it back????

I did. :S

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

You were #3 in SC 4 ??   O_o   Impressive

Thats bullshit about the warranty not being renewed for a year.  Paying $300 in the same year to fix any console is preposterous.  I would recommend bitching to someone about this.  If you push, you can usually get something.  A buddy of mine got a years worth of live and 2 free games when his 360 RROD on him the second time.

I think you are probably right about the lemons being circulated back into the population, thats similar to what was happening in the middle stages of the 360 RROD era. Pretty lame for the consumer.

About cleaning the PS3, I just take a vacuum cleaner and stick it against the vents on the sides and clear the dust out.  Its amazing how much dust accumulates in electronics, and how much that adds to heat.  My laptop used to overheat, hitting around 80-90 Celcius.  I vacuumed it out, now runs at about 51-55 Celcius.  Those compressed air cans work, but they have a tendency to just blow dust around the inside of the device. 

If you cant sort it out with Sony, it will be a sad day for our KZ clan.  We will have a hard time replacing our designated murderer/room sweeper.

Best of luck man.

Pristine, if you indeed ditch your PS3 in case things don´t work, what are you gonna do?...buy an XB360?...or no new console at all?

Dgc1808 said:
Don't you get one year warranty when you get it back????

I did. :S

Nope; 90 days in the US.

Mirson said:
Pristine20 said:
Mirson said:
Pristine20 said:
Mirson said:
Pristine20 said:

I play a lot. Always did. played ps2 a lot, ps1 a lot....nothing broke. I just tuned on my ps3 to play devil summoner 2 and it went off after 5 mins and never came back on.

Sega genesis had overheating issues but c'mon this is 2009...we still have this problem? The console isn't hot...the problem is that it thinks that it's hot when it's not. Overengineering perhaps?

Damn, that sucks dude; my condolences. Funny, my PS3 died a few minutes after playing Devil Summoner 2.

Talk about bad luck....perhaps the game really summons the devil lol. How did yours break? I know you've been having problems. Mine froze once in a while but I thought it was just teh power of teh killzone lol till today....

Yeah I've been having problems with my PS3 before it died, so I knew it was going to die sooner or later. After completing the prologue, the game froze, and the PS3 couldn't read discs anymore. I got the same one back.

Well good luck to you.

thanks man. You're lucky you got the same one back but my luck is down to zero now lol and I can't put my faith in that process anymore.

The luck locusts must of stole your luck. :P

yeah I think Dahn brought them to Philly. I was about to drop a mega-spoiler but I'm not sure how far you've progressed in the game. I'm at the boss in the confinement chamber.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
I don't understand why Sony hates the people who love them and loves the people who hate them. They replaced my 60GB PS3 twice! Both outside of warrantly...

It's mind-boggling...but it's the same with every company and partly human nature. People just don't appreciate what comes to them easily...only what they have to struggle to get.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

yo_john117 said:
Pristine20 said:
UPDATE: So I went to play N trade and it's bad news guys. They only fix 360s. They need a month to even order ps3 parts and they are not trained to fix them. I'm seriously distraught now and if I can't get this ps3 fixed, thats it for me and sony. It's sad that over almost $1500 investment is going down the feitas river but I can't keep paying $150 for 8 months of gameplay.

The most ironic thing was that someone came with a ps3 with the exact same problem while I was making my case and it looks like some people believe we're still just the unlucky 0.1% so we never get heard. Even after over a decade of sticking to this brand, I can't get any help...sad, sad state of affairs. I'm off to look for alternate means and if I can't find any, that's it for me and sony. I will never purchase a sony product again no matter how good it's supposed to be and I keep my word

Well you could wait till the PS3 slim will come out (which will probably be cheaper too) and get a 3 year warranty, they only cost about $50 bucks.  I think if you like the games enough that even if your console breaks, its still worth the amount you have to pay to fix it (unless you don't have money for it)

It' sstill vapor ware. Gaming is my primary hobby as you can tell so I just can't wait that long

ameratsu said:

I'm pretty sure if my PS3 breaks again (my 90 day refurb warranty is almost up), I'm seriously going to consider ditching the system for the time being. It's bad enough that I had to pay $170 to have my ps3 repaired once, but another $170 repair bill would probably push me over the edge.

I mean, how much does Sony expect people to spend on their hardware? I paid $600 for a new ps3, and $170 for the first repair, putting me at $770 in hardware costs already.

BACK UP YOUR DATA!!!!

JGarret said:
Pristine, if you indeed ditch your PS3 in case things don´t work, what are you gonna do?...buy an XB360?...or no new console at all?

I'm still more into the ps3s line-up than the 360's so I'm determined to get it fixed...not by sony though because I need the same system back

Sorry to hear this problem bro. I hope everything works out. The same thing happened to me when I was exchanging PS3's I had to restart the original Resistance four times and that forth time I was fed up and never touched that game again.

Don't give up on the PS3 yet, you were just one of the unlucky to suffer their 2 or 3% failure rate. Just get another or get a 40GB since your old PS2 is currently working.