By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony to catch 360 by March 2008?

@dtewi
you got that right. FFXIII will come to the 360, but later.

@leoj
yeah its $450 but selling extremely low, we need to see if FFXIII will do something or not. Its a shock and awe surprise we are waiting for.

@Darkadays
Come on now. Its not about the numbers, its about peoples opinions here on this site. People on here said Lair, Heavenly Sword, and Warhawk will push PS3 hardware units. Come on it hasn't did anything significantly.

Around the Network

even if they do manage to make that rather lofty goal, which is very unlikely, they'll still be about 3-4 million behind the X360 and more than 10 million behind the Wii.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

W29 said:

@Darkadays
Come on now. Its not about the numbers, its about peoples opinions here on this site. People on here said Lair, Heavenly Sword, and Warhawk will push PS3 hardware units. Come on it hasn't did anything significantly.

And none of them were or even looked to be killer aps. You cant expect those developerss to just magicly make a great system selling game, i put my trust behind Epic and Naughty dog.  What the hell has Factor5 or NinjaTheory ever done for any one to expect such big things form their games ?

its a bit of a long shot. if they get the 80 gig to $500 they stand a chance. it also means that people want a 360 more than a ps3 (which i think they will). could happen but no way would i bet on it.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

For those of you who wonder where that 11 million number comes from:

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/fr/07q1_eleki.pdf

I have posted this so many times. Maybe I need to put it in my sig as well.

Around the Network

Its possible, if Sony actually releases the correct games, and cuts the price of the 80GB soon and then again in March. They could easily sell another 5 - 6 million if they do this. And with Japan's hate towards the console Sony needs to gain market and sales there as that could be a good deciding factor.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

shams said:
superchunk said:

@http://www.ps3center.net/story-979-Sony-Promises-PS3-To-Catch-Xbox-360-In-Sales-by-March.html

"Sony’s chief Kaz Hirai has stated that the way in which the PS3 is going, it will be able to catch and hit the current sales mark of the Xbox 360 by next March.

Lets not ignore this guys.

He doesn't say it will catch or overtake the 360 - he says it will reach the "current" 360 sales figure (11m) by March '08.

This is where I get confused. I thought they forecast 11m sold in their FISCAL year. They had already sold 3m (4-5m to retail?) BEFORE the current fiscal year started.

So are they aiming to sell 11m in this fiscal year (April '07 - March '08) - or 11m lifetime by March '08?

Either way, I see them having their work cutout if they want to sell 11m (WW, lifetime) by March '08. If its shipped to retail (rather than sold to consumers) - they have a chance.

I think that Kaz is talking about 11 mil lifetime. I don't think they will make it. I think they definetely will hit 10 mil shipped by then though.

And Soriku, he was not being arrogant. He was stating that the PS3 monthly sales would pass the 360's monthly by that time. If he didn't say these kinds of things; then people (more importantly stockholders) would start to lose faith.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

I think that Kaz is talking about 11 mil lifetime. I don't think they will make it. I think they definetely will hit 10 mil shipped by then though.

And Soriku, he was not being arrogant. He was stating that the PS3 monthly sales would pass the 360's monthly by that time. If he didn't say these kinds of things; then people (more importantly stockholders) would start to lose faith.

FishyJoe said:
outlawauron said:

And Soriku, he was not being arrogant. He was stating that the PS3 monthly sales would pass the 360's monthly by that time. If he didn't say these kinds of things; then people (more importantly stockholders) would start to lose faith.

So, it is ridiculous.

SONY plan to sell (to retailers) 11m between April '07 & March '08! 

That's global sales (to retailers) of 14.5m by March '08! 

No way in hell that will happen (which is what most people thought when the initial predictions came out).

The 2nd qrt is now almost complete, and they have sold around 1.2m - so say shipped (to retailers) 1.6m.

That  makes 2.3m shipped/sold in the first half of the fiscal year.

...and leaves them with 8.7m to be sold/shipped (x4 as fast?) in the second half of the year.

(good luck Sony...) 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Shams good thing you posted, cause really people were thinking the other way around.