By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony to catch 360 by March 2008?

@http://www.ps3center.net/story-979-Sony-Promises-PS3-To-Catch-Xbox-360-In-Sales-by-March.html

"Sony’s chief Kaz Hirai has stated that the way in which the PS3 is going, it will be able to catch and hit the current sales mark of the Xbox 360 by next March.

Hirai stated that they are on track to sell more than 11 million PS3 units by the end of the fiscal year for Sony. The current Xbox 360 sales are around 11 million right now as well. With the Halo 3 release though they have probably topped 12 million by now.

Regardless though Sony believes that they can hit that sales mark by March which is not far away to say the least.

SCE boss Hirai stated that in the Q1 of its financial year Sony sold just 710,000 PS3 consoles. This leaves a lot of ground to make up on to reach that 11 million mark."

I will stick with my prediction below and say nope, not gonna happen. 

Around the Network

Nope not gonna happen.....

They will hit 11 million sold on march TO CONSUMERS. Not retail or the other stuff.

mM

wow..........

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
leo-j said:
They will hit 11 million sold on march TO CONSUMERS. Not retail or the other stuff.

You got that right. They are talking factory shipped to retail.

Around the Network

Not happening unless they have a great (and I mean great) holiday season.

It doesn't matter what Sony is counting, there will not be more PS3's out of sony's factories in March of 2008 than 360's now. Whether you count shipped or sold, it's still the same. PS3 will not outsell 360 in 2008.

superchunk said:
It doesn't matter what Sony is counting, there will not be more PS3's out of sony's factories in March of 2008 than 360's now. Whether you count shipped or sold, it's still the same. PS3 will not outsell 360 in 2008.

Thats just going to piss off the retailers, for having so many PS3's and there not selling.

leo-j said:

Do you really think that the PS3 will sell an average of 1m units per month WW for the next 6 months?  It's having trouble selling 250k a month right now.

Soriku said:
leo-j said:

Want another bet that won't happen?

Yeah, leo-j make a bet, history shows that you lose lots of bets.

I don't even think you could play poker. Your bluffing alot......lol