By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony to catch 360 by March 2008?

leo-j said:
No Im saying they are saying they will sell 11 milion, never said they are going to make it.

lol at you.

Well, you are 14... :) 

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Around the Network
W29 said:
We will see......I'm waiting, cause thats what you guys said about Lair and Heavenly Sword. Let's see what Uncharted does since its a new IP.

Who said what about Lair, when has a F5 game ever been a hardware seller ?

It is september. March is in 7 months. They need to sell about 9-10 million units given 360's selling rate so far. That's 1.35 million a month starting NOW. Given sales won't pick up until 3-4 weeks from now, that's 1.5 million a month. You really think PS3 will outsell Wii for 6 months straight?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

BTW- Is this accidental confirmation of VGCs 360 numbers?

ya right!

Around the Network
shams said:
superchunk said:

@http://www.ps3center.net/story-979-Sony-Promises-PS3-To-Catch-Xbox-360-In-Sales-by-March.html

"Sony’s chief Kaz Hirai has stated that the way in which the PS3 is going, it will be able to catch and hit the current sales mark of the Xbox 360 by next March.

Lets not ignore this guys.

He doesn't say it will catch or overtake the 360 - he says it will reach the "current" 360 sales figure (11m) by March '08.

This is where I get confused. I thought they forecast 11m sold in their FISCAL year. They had already sold 3m (4-5m to retail?) BEFORE the current fiscal year started.

So are they aiming to sell 11m in this fiscal year (April '07 - March '08) - or 11m lifetime by March '08?

Either way, I see them having their work cutout if they want to sell 11m (WW, lifetime) by March '08. If its shipped to retail (rather than sold to consumers) - they have a chance.

Even if they mean they only plan on having 11 million shipped by March 31st I think the prediction is foolish (unless they intend on having multiple millions 'in transit').

In order to come close Sony would have to sell between 3.5 and 4 Million consoles over November and December which I don't think is plausable

It'll be made even thougher if the PS3's sales of just 30K this past week hold up.

It won't happen unless the PS3 sees a price cut down to the $299 level, which is very, very, very unlikely.

Vote for Ron Paul 2008

Only Anti-War and Anti-Taxes Republican

Freedom is a message everyone can embrace!

@darkfire

the ps3 is about 450 buks in japan(am I correct??) I price cut would help if it were at 350 buks.

Boosting sales. FF XIII And FF EC VII,GT5,MGS4,WNS or KH3 are the only games that can pick up ps3 sales in japan.

mM

^ You can't say KH3, that is like 360 fans saying FFXIII.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
^ You can't say KH3, that is like 360 fans saying FFXIII.

He used a FFVII game as well.... only Leo.