By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rockstar Develops Agent Exclusively Out of Confidence in PlayStation

markers said:
in my opinion Agent is a test for take-two, if it sells well and becomes a hit, i think we will see grand theft auto 5 a ps3 exclusive. if not, back to multi-platform. take-two said it themselves "i have a lot of confidence in sony" whether or not that is just a formality is how you look at it.

So far the PS3 sold 5.6m copies of GTAIV. The 360 sold over 7m. GTAV would go exclusive after that?

On topic, I think the guy is just talkin PR. The 360 seems like the perfect demographic for Rockstar games, so it makes no sense to completely ignore them, unless they're compensated somehow.

Around the Network

I thought it read " rockstar run out of confidence in playstation"

I was like "oh no not again" lol.

forevercloud3000 said:
Crazymann said:
forevercloud3000 said:
You know people, sometimes there ARE better incentives then deniro to do something. MGS4 was exclusive to PS3 for the Idea of utilizing the PS3's power alone. Kojima KEPT it exclusive for this reason and for good will alone.

Now I know we have seen quite a few times now exclusivity become engulfed by the mighty dollar and in turn go MP. Yet MGS4 has proven a possibility for the alternative for 3rd parties.

And exclusive games get more media buzz anyway.

I totally agree with you, however, that goes both ways too.  I think a lot of this constant talk of money has to do with backlash from the fact that every time MS gains an exclusive or a port, there are 10000 threads on here about how "Sony was betrayed" and"MS and their evil money hats."  As if that is the only reason games come to the 360.

Also, as was mentioned, Rockstar agreed to an exclusive after Sony lost GTA4 exclusivity.  At the time, it was said that this was a concession.

the absense of evidence is not the evidence of absense. Just because there is no hard physical paperwork that is viewable to the public on MS paying these companies for at least most of it's exclusives doesn't mean they are not. Sony could possibly be doing it too by this very same rule. Only thing is Sony has come out to the public and denied ever doing so(at the time being at least), and blatently accused MS of doing so. I don't think large companies are into name calling, unless that is exactly what they are(from their point of view). MS is moneyhatting developers, that is the truth.

We can talk about how there is no physical proof(but really, what physical proof would exist for such a thing?) of it but at the end of the day you KNOW they are secretly doing it. They are Microsoft after all, it's the same way they have aquired everything else they have,with sheer numbers of dollar bills...

PS: And I am not trying to say whether Moneyhatting is wrong or right. Its just that Sony for a very long time had a moral belief against such practices and refused to do the same. In turn, MS kept swiping games from under them. Sony could have easily done the same as them. Yet think of it this way, do you really want to be in a bidding war with MS? My geuss is your answer is NO. So Sony's only way of securing a exclusive is left to making it themselves, or convincing 3rd parties that exclusivity holds some other benefit for them.

This is the most ridiculous comment I've read in a long time.

There are many instances of Sony making obnoxious and even misleading statements.

Prior to the Playstations 3's release, Sony was foolishly overconfident in the PS3's potential considering its price.

Lets not forget the rootkit fiasco?

The proprietaty technology Sony forces into its products (Hello UMD)?

Stating the PS2 would have Toy Story like graphics? Along with many other false capabilities of the PS2?

Dual Shock is last generation?

Now Sony is supposed to be some morally upstanding company because its in third place?

Sony as a company and all companies have made questionable ethical decisions at some point or another.

If this generation has taught us anything, it's that these companies will say just about anything to discredit the competition.

Just because Sony states Microsoft is moneyhatting, does not make it true. But I can see why a fanboy would want to believe that (Sony has

never been honest or ethical as a company).

Regardless of how high and mighty Sony proclaims to be, I am sure they have provided monetary incentive for exclusives at some point or another.

There is no way an incentive was not provided by Sony in some way to put an exclusive on the PS3, it's has the smallest market share and highest price on the market. And Agent is a new 3rd party IP. As far as I know, 3rd party new exclusive IPs have not performed that well on the PS3.

I'm sorry, but illogical bias motivated posts really are annoying.

I'm not a fanboy, I just try to tip the balance in favor of logic and common sense.

jcp234 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Crazymann said:
forevercloud3000 said:
You know people, sometimes there ARE better incentives then deniro to do something. MGS4 was exclusive to PS3 for the Idea of utilizing the PS3's power alone. Kojima KEPT it exclusive for this reason and for good will alone.

Now I know we have seen quite a few times now exclusivity become engulfed by the mighty dollar and in turn go MP. Yet MGS4 has proven a possibility for the alternative for 3rd parties.

I totally agree with you, however, that goes both ways too.  I think a lot of this constant talk of money has to do with backlash from the fact that every time MS gains an exclusive or a port, there are 10000 threads on here about how "Sony was betrayed" and"MS and their evil money hats."  As if that is the only reason games come to the 360.

Also, as was mentioned, Rockstar agreed to an exclusive after Sony lost GTA4 exclusivity.  At the time, it was said that this was a concession.

the absense of evidence is not the evidence of absense. Just because there is no hard physical paperwork that is viewable to the public on MS paying these companies for at least most of it's exclusives doesn't mean they are not. Sony could possibly be doing it too by this very same rule. Only thing is Sony has come out to the public and denied ever doing so(at the time being at least), and blatently accused MS of doing so. I don't think large companies are into name calling, unless that is exactly what they are(from their point of view). MS is moneyhatting developers, that is the truth.

We can talk about how there is no physical proof(but really, what physical proof would exist for such a thing?) of it but at the end of the day you KNOW they are secretly doing it. They are Microsoft after all, it's the same way they have aquired everything else they have,with sheer numbers of dollar bills...

PS: And I am not trying to say whether Moneyhatting is wrong or right. Its just that Sony for a very long time had a moral belief against such practices and refused to do the same. In turn, MS kept swiping games from under them. Sony could have easily done the same as them. Yet think of it this way, do you really want to be in a bidding war with MS? My geuss is your answer is NO. So Sony's only way of securing a exclusive is left to making it themselves, or convincing 3rd parties that exclusivity holds some other benefit for them.

There are many instances of Sony making obnoxious and even misleading statements.

Prior to the Playstations 3's release, Sony was foolishly overconfident in the PS3's potential considering its price.

Stating the PS2 would have Toy Story like graphics? Along with many other false capabilities of the PS2?

Now Sony is supposed to be some morally upstanding company because its in third place?

Sony as a company and all companies have made questionable ethical decisions at some point or another.

If this generation has taught us anything, it's that these companies will say just about anything to discredit the competition.

Just because Sony states Microsoft is moneyhatting, does not make it true. But I can see why a fanboy would want to believe that (Sony has

Regardless of how high and mighty Sony proclaims to be, I am sure they have provided monetary incentive for exclusives at some point or another.

There is no way an incentive was not provided by Sony in some way to put an exclusive on the PS3, it's has the smallest market share and highest price on the market. And Agent is a new 3rd party IP. As far as I know, 3rd party new exclusive IPs have not performed that well on the PS3.

/agree

jcp234 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Crazymann said:
forevercloud3000 said:

please read again before making long outlandish posts.

Majority of your points, while true about sony, have no bearing on what I stated. I didn't say they were some Holier then Thou Company who could do no wrong. I simply stated that they don't(or at least didn't) moneyhatt exclusives.  MS makes serious bank, with money to wipe their asses with. Sony is a very prosperous company, but doesn't make nearly that amount of cash to win in a bidding war against MS. So yea, SOny decided not to get in such debacles.

Sony wasn't moneyhatting, because if they were all those damn PS exclusive series would have stayed EXCLUSIVE,DUH! How much sense does that make? Oh, Sony moneyhatted GTAIV......for them to put it on 360? Sony is also notorious for being caught RED HANDED whenever they do anything, proven by the media's close attention to every misstep they have made this gen. If Sony said they weren't moneyhatting, the media WOULD find out, some how some way, so they could blast sony to holy hell for it.

And my main statement is on Company slander. Sony(or MS or Nintendo) would not make a statement like that unless it held some sort of ground. You named pretty much every Sony slip up over the last 10 years....but is there one of them defaming another company with lies?

Once again someone is screaming "WITCH/FANBOY" before fully taking in the situation. Someone needs to take a sharp look in the mirror...

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
jcp234 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Crazymann said:
forevercloud3000 said:

please read again before making long outlandish posts.

Majority of your points, while true about sony, have no bearing on what I stated. I didn't say they were some Holier then Thou Company who could do no wrong. I simply stated that they don't(or at least didn't) moneyhatt exclusives.  MS makes serious bank, with money to wipe their asses with. Sony is a very prosperous company, but doesn't make nearly that amount of cash to win in a bidding war against MS. So yea, SOny decided not to get in such debacles.

Sony wasn't moneyhatting, because if they were all those damn PS exclusive series would have stayed EXCLUSIVE,DUH! How much sense does that make? Oh, Sony moneyhatted GTAIV......for them to put it on 360? Sony is also notorious for being caught RED HANDED whenever they do anything, proven by the media's close attention to every misstep they have made this gen. If Sony said they weren't moneyhatting, the media WOULD find out, some how some way, so they could blast sony to holy hell for it.

And my main statement is on Company slander. Sony(or MS or Nintendo) would not make a statement like that unless it held some sort of ground. You named pretty much every Sony slip up over the last 10 years....but is there one of them defaming another company with lies?

Once again someone is screaming "WITCH/FANBOY" before fully taking in the situation. Someone needs to take a sharp look in the mirror...

Nothing about my post is outlandish. If you cannot see how my response relates to your original post then there is no need for us to continue.

The fact that you believe Sony does not/didn't moneyhat is outlandish enough. And yes, companies make outlandish comments regarding the competition all the time.

Where have you been since 2005?

You consistently post in a manner that paints Sony as being superior to the competition with or without logic. This thread is no different.

I'm not a fanboy, I just try to tip the balance in favor of logic and common sense.

Scottish people are awesome (Yes, Rockstar North is scottish)

Oddly enough, this is the same studio that created GTA IV, and gave the 360 TWO exclusive expansions.

I smell hats made of money.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Dgc1808 said:
I can believe this.

Didn't Epic say that exclusivity on the 360 really helped Gears????
And fuck the "higher userbase=sales" talk, 360 userbase when Gears1 launched was way lower than PS3's current userbase.

Thank you

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

As long as its nothing like the past two GTA games, ill be fine. No more huge sandbox games with a 30h long story and tons of boring sidemissions. Keep it simple yet innovative and artistic with a touch of "oh no they didnt!"

Well it will be interesting to see what do they can with an exclusive game i just hope it dosent turn out like Gta4.