By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rockstar Develops Agent Exclusively Out of Confidence in PlayStation

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Would confidence translate as 'Sony gave us a big bag of money'?

I find it hard to believe there would another reason then that. Why would they launch a brand new franchise on the smallest installbase while Take Two even booked a loss despite the huge sales of gta4 and others? Although the guy could just be not very bright.

A larger install base doesn't necessarily mean the game will sell more.  You also have to look at the core audience of that install base.  The Wii has a huge install base, but other than the flag Nintendo franchises, 3rd party exclusives have generally sold poorly on the Wii. 

Around the Network

So Confidence translates into "Money hatted" nowadays? I gotta get wit the times!

Why would they launch a new IP on a system with the lowest install base and when the 360 gamers buy the most games( i forgot what its called,its like 10.5 and PS3 is like 7.0 or something)

and i love how people say "PS3 has prove graphical edge of Xbox 360" When Naughty dog said they are using 100% power of the PS3,which means PS3 graphics are fixed like that,while 360 graphics continue to improve.

I don't care (much) behind the reasons why this game is exclusive.

I care whether this game will shape up to be a system seller.

Garnett said:

So Confidence translates into "Money hatted" nowadays? I gotta get wit the times!

Why would they launch a new IP on a system with the lowest install base and when the 360 gamers buy the most games( i forgot what its called,its like 10.5 and PS3 is like 7.0 or something)

and i love how people say "PS3 has prove graphical edge of Xbox 360" When Naughty dog said they are using 100% power of the PS3,which means PS3 graphics are fixed like that,while 360 graphics continue to improve.

Untrue : A little search in the forums will lead you to a thread explaining what Naughty Dog meant by using 100% power of PS3....

Sweep said:
Garnett said:

Untrue : A little search in the forums will lead you to a thread explaining what Naughty Dog meant by using 100% power of PS3....

Plus the fact that they've already said that Uncharted 3 will see further visual improvement being made in the series.