By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rockstar Develops Agent Exclusively Out of Confidence in PlayStation

Squilliam said:
infamous8 said:

@jcp

if Ps3 launched at a price point of $300-$350.... No Doubt in my mind, it wouldve obliterated the 360 (Wii still wouldve been a hit for its mass appeal and originality)

Once it was announced to be $600..it sent a lot of "WHAT THE FUCK!!"'s through the world, and people knew it wouldnt sell that good.

Once it drops to $300 this holiday season I think Ps3 will really hit its stride and start dominating sales all around the world.

Also considering the price drop is right around the time Uncharted 2, God of War III, and Gran Turismo 5 are coming out..... ppl will have good reason to buy one.

No Blu Ray, no HDD, slower than the Xbox 360 so it would cede the hardcore completely to the Xbox 360, less difference with the Wii so PS2 owners would have less reason to pick the PS3 over the Wii etc. Also fewer reasons to upgrade, probably no BC either.

LOL!!

How is it going to play games if it has no BluRay???

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

Around the Network

squillum... i think you need to do some research buddy.

If I'm not mistaken, Ps3 games are on BluRay and play through a BluRay drive.

It would be impossible for them to exclude it on the Ps3 Slim...

Correct me if I'm wrong...

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

infamous8 said:
Squilliam said:

No Blu Ray, no HDD, slower than the Xbox 360 so it would cede the hardcore completely to the Xbox 360, less difference with the Wii so PS2 owners would have less reason to pick the PS3 over the Wii etc. Also fewer reasons to upgrade, probably no BC either.

LOL!!

How are you going to post on Vgchartz if you keep making brainless comments?

Tease.

Yeah another third party game is exclusive for PS3. Agent is for PS3 only.

Squilliam said:
infamous8 said:
Squilliam said:

LOL!!

How are you going to post on Vgchartz if you keep making brainless comments?

Seriously... all personal insults aside... How is Ps3 supposed to play games without a BluRay drive?

Around the Network
infamous8 said:
Squilliam said:
infamous8 said:
Squilliam said:

A $600 console which can still be used to play top of the line games 3 years later, or a $600 PC which would be struggling? Value really does depend on a lot of things. The only difference is that the $600 PC gets an automatic quick start but it declines rapidly, whilst that PS3 still has yet to peak.

a $600 console is unheard of

a $600 PC is not.

End of story.

The Sega Saturns adjusted price was $558, the PS1s was $420. The PS3 had a $500 model.

That PC would probably be due for a replacement.

Like I said, it depends what you're comparing it to.

Saturn was a huge failure... so why copy there business model?

Ps1 was $420... um, $420 and $600 is a big difference.

Something called "Inflation". You probably never heard of it. SO look it up

There hasnt been a $180 inflation in that time period. Look it up!

PS3beats360 said:
Yeah another third party game is exclusive for PS3. Agent is for PS3 only.

Another?? This is one of the rare ones. Enjoy it while you can

The Gamecube and Xbox got exclusive games from talented devs too and they were WAY behind the PS2. Sometimes a dev just believes in a project and does it.

Will this be the best business move? Eh . . .

infamous8 said:

@jcp

if Ps3 launched at a price point of $300-$350.... No Doubt in my mind, it wouldve obliterated the 360 (Wii still wouldve been a hit for its mass appeal and originality)

Once it was announced to be $600..it sent a lot of "WHAT THE FUCK!!"'s through the world, and people knew it wouldnt sell that good.

Once it drops to $300 this holiday season I think Ps3 will really hit its stride and start dominating sales all around the world.

Also considering the price drop is right around the time Uncharted 2, God of War III, and Gran Turismo 5 are coming out..... ppl will have good reason to buy one.

I agree with everything you communicated in this post. For that price at launch, I would have purchased a PS3 immediately!

But I am pretty sure it would have been sold out everywhere for quite some time.

I'm not a fanboy, I just try to tip the balance in favor of logic and common sense.