By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rockstar Develops Agent Exclusively Out of Confidence in PlayStation

ymeaga1n said:
Lol i'm not gonna be the one to derail it. But his assuretion is too bold considering where the ps3 is at in terms of overall sales and its price in the current economic conditions.

But anyways that's his opinion and I'm fine with that. Executives have been horribly wrong in the past....Wii. I just don't see it happening, that's my opinion.

You may not be the one to derail it, but saying that is already throwing it in that direction, which other people will feed off of.

Anyway, I like the way he thinks. I've said since the beginning that exclusivity boosts sales and helps games. It's just that people will always pull out "when you make a game exclusive, you're ignoring millions of potential sales. You're saying no to free money"

Around the Network

R* North is putting their heart and soul into AGENT, these are the same exact folks who make all the top selling GTA games so their should be much confidence in their work. R* and Sony have had a pretty good relationship over the years.

What I like most about this is that this almost seals the deal on it staying exclusive. Just as MGS4 did, AGENT looks as if it wants to prove something. MGS4 still to this day is a third party game exclusive to the 3rd place contender. Meaning a 3rd party game can happen regardless of the new MP trend. I also firmly agree that an Exclusive game is always better then a MP one(not to say the MP ones suck or anything).

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Next year is going to be one hell of a battle of exclusive titles between the big 3. Bring em on

CaptDS9E said:
Next year is going to be one hell of a battle of exclusive titles between the big 3. Bring em on

Great Games for All!

Usually you would hype the game up until about 1 month before release, then announce that its multi-plat and bathe in the free publicity.

*Not that its what I think will happen*

Tease.

Around the Network
ymeaga1n said:
@gilgamesh,

I don't think it stand out more - you're not releasing to 2/3 of the market - rather it is less expensive to make. Development costs drop, marketing costs drop, and if sony paid for exclusivity, you get a nice chuck of money.

That's true, but let me ask you this. When comparing consoles, what is the thing that comes up the most? Exclusives. Well, possibly price, but let's ignore that. So by fanboys defending their exclusives and by opposing fanboys attack a system's exclusives, they are generating more talk and recognition of the game. Simply by building word-of-mouth marketing[which is what exclusives do, ESPECIALLY 3rd party ones], companies can a] save a lot of marketing costs and b] develop more interest in the game and thus raise sales.

I would say that if there's an Agent 2, it'll be multiplat.

Squilliam said:
Usually you would hype the game up until about 1 month before release, then announce that its multi-plat and bathe in the free publicity.

*Not that its what I think will happen*

There is a huge chance of this going Multiplat if it dosen't mean sales targets

....I think

Would confidence translate as 'Sony gave us a big bag of money'?

I find it hard to believe there would another reason then that. Why would they launch a brand new franchise on the smallest installbase while Take Two even booked a loss despite the huge sales of gta4 and others? Although the guy could just be not very bright.

Anyway i hope they change the logo, because it looks real cheap.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

I have high hopes for this game because its Rockstar.

Any other company and I might not be so excited.

in other words, sony gave them money to make it exclusive. just look at grand theft auto iv. they arent stupid!