By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 maxed out, PlayStation3 isn't.

MikeB said:
@ Bitmap Frogs

In addition I stated in 2007 I thought the work Epic and Sony did on the Unreal Engine regarding UT3 on the PS3 would translate into technical improvements for the engine on the 360 as well.

How can it be people like you are nearly always wrong regarding my past statements?

WoW...I never LOL'ed so hard..Nice one MikeB...So basically  Sony fixed it so Xbox 360 would get Gears of War exclusivity...?

LOL

Around the Network

@ Zizzla_Rachet

There wasn't much to "fix" for the 360 (the unreal engine already ran very well), but there was room for better code.

As it's almost a requirement to write efficiently and well structured for the Cell's SPUs, this resulted in gains on the 360 as well.

The measures to write as efficient as possible on the 360 are almost the same as on the PS3, hence I expected gains. The code structuring Microsoft proposes to developers is inferior in terms of performance (as devs have noted as well). This is far less an issue on the 360, but is a serious issue to port to the PS3.

It does not improve the engine just for the PS3/360, it improves the game engine in general. So benefits PC games and other potential porting candidates as well.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

selnor said:
Imperial said:
Has anyone got actual in game screenshots/gameplay footage of the XBOX 360 version of alan wake , does anyone even know what alan wake is about ? . It's a sad state of affairs when fanboys try to tout games that they have no clue about as graphical powerhouses.

Sony has proven consistently that the PS3 is a graphical powerhouse , it's no suprise to me that the industr is begining to confirm this , it has however been known for a long time that the PS3 graphicaly suprases it's rival . Uncharted , GT5:P , Ratchet and Clank etc ( I could go on) have consistently proven the PS3's graphical superiority.

Considering that the PS3 is already prooven to be ahead of the 360 ( Killzone 2) it'll be interesting to see the results of it pulling further ahead ( Heavy Rain , Uncharted 2 ?)

Did you even watch E3? M$ 360 gameplay demo at E3 right Here. Sorry bout Youtube quality, but Gametrailers is down right now.

No way this game is going to create any big impact, it'll just pass on with moderate gross, the gameplay video seems to be decent, but that still is not speaking of xbox 360's gfx capabilities, we see the same stuff, high dynamic lighting, shadows as u've seen in the Alone in the Dark game which fared very bad. And Forza 3, if not CGIcally fooling is all what the console is showcasing in comparison to PS3's S/Ws.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76832

This proves that the 360 is maxed out.

phnguyen89 said:
http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76832

This proves that the 360 is maxed out.

Or they simply want to fix the RROD, and to update the system at the same time seems like a good strategy to let people buy one...

Truth does not fear investigation

Around the Network

Right....keep telling yourself that.

Go away fanboy. You have no idea what you're talking about, I'm sure.

Truth does not fear investigation

yeah sure man. :P

WTH...this thread is still going? cmon guys let it go.

I had no plan to enter this flamebait laced thread, but here's the deal. Who cares? Do any of you have a personal stake in this console race? It is so amazing that folks will post these incendiary quotes, with absolutely no regard to what kind of comments they will no doubt draw. What is constructive about it? Why did the OP post it?

In the end, so what if the 360 is maxed out and the PS3 isn't. Guess what? The PS3 is able to help find cures to diseases, can play Blu Ray movies but folks still haven't found tons of value in it. They have found value in cheaper consoles, even ones with RROD and non-HD consoles. And no matter how much you try and force your opinions/flamebait threads on people, the numbers are still the same, and the gap is closing at a snail's pace.

It's about having fun with family and friends - for most console owners. And guess what? People are finding it in the Wii and 360 at the moment. Deal with it.