By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 maxed out, PlayStation3 isn't.

@ Squilliam

At 10* the polygon count and 4* the texture resolution. Forza 3 is the game which disproves your theories.

I don't think so, the texture res improvements are expected considering the game uses 2 DL DVD instead of just 1 and will alledgedly require to install a DVD onto the harddrive (meaning many 360 users will need to upgrade with a relatively expensive harddrive).

I don't doubt Forza 3 will be much smoother than Forza 2 with regard to the curving, as to be honest some ingame Forza 2 screenshots look horribly curvy (especially back lights).

I think Gran Turismo 5 will come out on top with regard to overall graphics technology, but we'll have to wait and see until both games are available.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

^ No the point is this. Forza 3 shows the highest gains from a first to second generation title of any game available today. The polygon count alone is a significant statement.

Tease.

@ Squilliam

Once we know the amount of ingame onscreen polygons in Forza 3 compared to Forza 2, we know more. All we know is that they showed a car model with ~360K polygons behind closed door (which is impressive condering the amount of work required, but less so technically without knowing more), we do not know how many in-game polygons this car will show at full speed with other cars on screen.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Both consoles are maxed out with current engines but when new engines comes out it will use the power of both consoles have more efficiently. eg better optimisations etc. and good art direction will also allow games to look better evin if they are not technicly pushing the hardware any further.

So to sum up whether the PS3/X360 are "Maxed out" is irrelevant.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

@ Mike, im sure we'll be seeing some extensive analysis soon enough. Its just a matter of waiting really, its only a few months from release.

Tease.

Around the Network

Let this thread die! Please? Remember it's EA talking (i.e. suspect) and let it die.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

^ You first!!!

Tease.

Squilliam said:
^ You first!!!

Alright I'll go first... I am now backing out the thread, I will only peak into the thread in future and will not post again.  I am calm.

Bye...

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Squilliam said:
^ No the point is this. Forza 3 shows the highest gains from a first to second generation title of any game available today. The polygon count alone is a significant statement.

Forza 2 looked like a videogame,while Forza 3 looks like a movie. You can`t beat that

Squilliam said:
@ Mike, im sure we'll be seeing some extensive analysis soon enough. Its just a matter of waiting really, its only a few months from release.

Can't wait to see the ongoing spin.