By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 maxed out, PlayStation3 isn't.

@Frogman: The problem in this case is that Sony spends money like noone else. They have shown that they really do value extracting high performance from their machines, more so than either Microsoft or Nintendo. Both from the estimated budgets and anecdotes from developers on beyond3d support this, even with 2nd party developers. So are we judging the talent that Sony has actively sought out and provided with the money to do what few else can or are we judging the machine?

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
^ Reasonable is one of the few in here who are reasonable. Though I have caught him being unreasonable a few times.

Well, we all have our off days...

Looking over this thread again what strikes me is the original quote came from EA.  Why are we even bothering talking about it?  Has an EA game ever been the pinacle of HW pushing, fully optimized goodness?  I don't think so.  I think we should look at this in perspective based on EA's history of quotes regarding the HD consoles.

You know what this quote tells me now?

EA is stating they've got the 360 down pat but probably haven't fully learnt all the tricks on the PS3 yet - which is consistent with their late start and slow adoption of being able to code well for the PS3.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I think its one of your off days... Since when has EA ever coded optimised goodness? Even widening our definition to 'works mostly as expected' and you have counter examples like The Sims 1/2 and pretty much every other PC game that required a tonne of patching. Battlefield is another example...

Tease.

Yes the 360 is maxed out already.

Squilliam said:
I think its one of your off days... Since when has EA ever coded optimised goodness? Even widening our definition to 'works mostly as expected' and you have counter examples like The Sims 1/2 and pretty much every other PC game that required a tonne of patching. Battlefield is another example...

Hang on that's what I said!  Didn't I?  Maybe I am having an off day...

My point is EA isn't the best developer when it comes to amazing polish, optimization, etc. and therefore we should view this quote as far more indicative of their abilities than the consoles!

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

EA sports, its in the patch!

Tease.

FonzGemini said:

No console has ever been maxed out after 3 years...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Sardauk said:
FonzGemini said:

what about the Wii??

XxXProphecyXxX said:
Sardauk said:
FonzGemini said:

what about the Wii??

Since its based on the Gamecube and that was released in 2001? It must be pretty tapped by now...

Tease.

Squilliam said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
Sardauk said:
FonzGemini said:

what about the Wii??

Since its based on the Gamecube and that was released in 2001? It must be pretty tapped by now...

Ok guys...

You know what I meant... that Wii remark was not necessary...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.