By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 maxed out, PlayStation3 isn't.

^ You presented the same evidence back when Forza 2 was released. Why don't you update your evidence, think for yourself and stop acting like a sophisticateds AI program. I can see through your disguise, Milo is a better AI than you!!!!!

Tease.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
libellule said:
eliasg said:
libellule said:
Most TECHNICALLY  impressive console game

Unchartred 2 + KZ 2 +
Splinter Cell :Conviction + Alan Wake + Forza 3 + Lost Planet 2 + Heavy Rain

Both on PS3 and XBOX360, it is time to accept it now ...

EDITED

I m sorry for the Xbox360 ...

Uncharted 2 + KZ2 = Happy sony fans and happy gamers.

Most of Xbox 360 exclusive games = Happy Gamers.... and happy MS fans

Get a clue....Multiplatform games sell more on 360 we don't need to say the graphics in a games are unrivaled. Although RE5 and SF4, arguably the biggest multiplat titles of the year, sold more on PS3. Res5 is also arguably the best looking multiplat title of the year, if not ever.

You act like Uncharted sold over 3 mil...and that KZ2 sold over 2 milll Uncharted wont reach it, but sold well for a new IP... KZ2 will make it to 2Million eventually, its looking to have good legs so far.

Uncharted was bundled heavily...so that is why it's sales are what they are...Once Killzone 2 get's bundle it will look like it had decent sales...Not enough PS3 fans cared about these games.....Especially not in Japan.... Forza 2...

First Week sales for Uncharted 133k...Sure these are good numers if you want them to e..ut for a PS3 exclusive they are kinda low....and the KillZone one's are not to different.... First week sales dont determine overall sales. Uncharted is a good example of this.

Don't feel sorry for the second place console...it makes you look stupid... this part i agree on.

Nice one Carl....Japanese game is selling more on PS3 in Japan...Yes I see your point..and no the less 200k difference for both tittles in no way would make a credible argument..Nethier would the Fact the in NA RE5 for Xbox 360 almost sold double the ps3 amount in the first month...futher more the fact that RE5 was out a week before in Japan would not add anything to anyone trying to say the sales are so close that saying the PS3 outsold the Xbox version is pointless....

PS3 RE5 2.14 M

Japan 0.47 m

NA 0.79 M

PAL 0.88 m

Xbox 360 RE5 2.00M

Japan 0.10 m

NA 1.22 M

PAL 0.68 M

KillZone 2 sales were under 9k in NA last week.....were FPS games sell the most and exclusive to the PS3 where the FPS fanbase is substancial.....Good luck with that....

I don't doubt Uncharted 2 will hit 300k-350k in its first WW....

But by looking at the week 10 sales....I doubt Uncharted would of reached 2 mill without Bundles...

MikeB said:

@ NightAntilli

The X360 is far from being maxed out.

Believe whatever suits you best. But most often (much more so than the average VGChartz member) I do present evidence, whenever I can to support my statements.

you want the X360 to be maxed out

You are plain wrong here, I do not want this at all.

In fact, when Epic games claimed they had maxed out the XBox 360 when original Gears of War was released (which I bought and played through), I stated that I doubted that what they claimed was actually true.

To some extend it may have been correct, like tapping all of the available Xenon resources (I refer to the diagram for 360 launch games as shared by me earlier within this thread). But I pointed towards the option to perform deep low-level optimisations.

Also even if maxed out for certain gaming functions, this is not entirely a precise science. For instance you can take away some stuff here and there to allow to add things here and there elsewhere with regard to other game engine functions. For example less onscreen enemies can allow for a higher quality for the remaining characters. Or for example by having less varierty of textures (and reuse them a lot throughout the game) this will require less storage space, thus allowing for higher quality textures on a disc.

In addition there's art design and style, although technical issues affect this. Good art design and smart tricks (smoke and mirror effects) can result in better looking games than games based on superior game engine technology.

Very good reply MikeB, I am impressed!!!

If you keep making posts like this which are unbiased (not favoring ps3 over 360) and looking at both sides on an equal scale I may even remove my "MikeB" signature!

Squilliam said:
^ Reasonable is one of the few in here who are reasonable. Though I have caught him being unreasonable a few times.

If you're saying everybody here is lunatic except you, we won't contradict you... BTW, would you mind trying this nice long, long sleeved shirt on?    

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

FKNetwork said:
MikeB said:

@ NightAntilli

The X360 is far from being maxed out.

Believe whatever suits you best. But most often (much more so than the average VGChartz member) I do present evidence, whenever I can to support my statements.

you want the X360 to be maxed out

You are plain wrong here, I do not want this at all.

In fact, when Epic games claimed they had maxed out the XBox 360 when original Gears of War was released (which I bought and played through), I stated that I doubted that what they claimed was actually true.

To some extend it may have been correct, like tapping all of the available Xenon resources (I refer to the diagram for 360 launch games as shared by me earlier within this thread). But I pointed towards the option to perform deep low-level optimisations.

Also even if maxed out for certain gaming functions, this is not entirely a precise science. For instance you can take away some stuff here and there to allow to add things here and there elsewhere with regard to other game engine functions. For example less onscreen enemies can allow for a higher quality for the remaining characters. Or for example by having less varierty of textures (and reuse them a lot throughout the game) this will require less storage space, thus allowing for higher quality textures on a disc.

In addition there's art design and style, although technical issues affect this. Good art design and smart tricks (smoke and mirror effects) can result in better looking games than games based on superior game engine technology.

Very good reply MikeB, I am impressed!!!

If you keep making posts like this which are unbiased (not favoring ps3 over 360) and looking at both sides on an equal scale I may even remove my "MikeB" signature!

Geez...Just when I was about to hop on the MikeB sig wagon....

Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Squilliam said:
^ Reasonable is one of the few in here who are reasonable. Though I have caught him being unreasonable a few times.

If you're saying everybody here is lunatic except you, we won't contradict you... BTW, would you mind trying this nice long, long sleeved shirt on?    

You don't have that shirt in my colour!

Tease.

Squilliam said:
@ Werekitten, yeah I believe it to be the case. How else would they achieve such a radical jump in texture resolution and polygon count. If ever there was a game to showpiece the technology it has to be Forza 3. Though unfortunately I haven't seen that explicitly stated.

I'll take that as an "I don't really know, but i would like if they did" :)

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

WereKitten said:
Squilliam said:
@ Werekitten, yeah I believe it to be the case. How else would they achieve such a radical jump in texture resolution and polygon count. If ever there was a game to showpiece the technology it has to be Forza 3. Though unfortunately I haven't seen that explicitly stated.

I'll take that as an "I don't really know, but i would like if they did" :)

Its more a 'thats the most plausible explanation' type thing going on. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcalc8UoJzo

Same technology which is in the Xbox 360. (Short video too!)

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Squilliam said:

You don't have that shirt in my colour!

No, but it matches the room's one!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

@ Zizzla_Rachet

Geez...Just when I was about to hop on the MikeB sig wagon....

Don't think I've said anything new there...

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales