By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - TOP JAP famitsu: PSP have risen to the heavens!!

A game or games?!?! One game isn't going to save the system. You meant games.

Edit: Responding to davygee

Around the Network

Save the system?

That´s a bit too much, isn´t it? The Wii still sells the best of all 3 next-gen systems. If the Wii suddenly drops below PS3 level it wouldn´t be a success for Sony it would be the end of videogaming.

I hope everyone realizes that. If none system is selling well the industry will die. And I doubt that will happen

W29 said:
kamil said:
Do you really think that CCFF is doing that good? It's down 73 per cent. For comparision Pokemon Dungeon is down 75 per cent. Im not saying its that bad result, it's just nothing special.

Wii is doing really bad. Last time when Wii wasn't selling more than twice of what PS3 sales was when Gundam Musou was released. It was half year ago and now PS3 doesn't have any good title to help its sales. People are saying that its temporary but they're keep saying it for about a month now. It may be a slow time in Japan but PS3 didn't suffer as mach as Wii did.

Why aren't the Wii owners saying that its shipment issues with Nintendo. Why aren't nobody saying that? I got tired of hearing that. And since there are Wii's on system shelves in Japan. I just feel thats this is the slow period. But the holidays are right around the corner. I think the Wii will pick back up and then drop down like its doing now in 2008. Who knows, I'm just giving my personal prediction.

Probably because they don't care. The Wii is still by far the best selling home console in the Japanese market. Until another console consistently beats the Wii in sales on a weekly basis, I can't see the cause for concern.

kamil said:
Do you really think that CCFF is doing that good? It's down 73 per cent. For comparision Pokemon Dungeon is down 75 per cent. Im not saying its that bad result, it's just nothing special.

490k sales in the first week and 130k sales in the 2nd week I think is quite good to be honest.  You are right about the 73% drop though.  It should be sitting on a healthy 620k sales to date at the moment after 2 weeks on the market, which is pretty huge for a normal PSP game, with only Monster Hunter Portable 2 being better than that.

I was hoping for better figures for the first week of between 500k-600k with it being closer to 600k to be honest, but just a shade under 500k in the first week and now over 600k after 2 weeks.

Hopefully it will get a healthy 30k-40k+ in the 3rd week.  But we will see next week how much lasting power CC has.  I still think it will get the 1m in Japan though. 

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

W29 said:

A game or games?!?! One game isn't going to save the system. You meant games.

Edit: Responding to davygee

In all honesty, the Wii only needs a big game to get the sales up again.  Although to be honest again.  I don't think the sales will get back up to the same level until closer to Xmas.

Is the novelty wearing off?  I don't know.  But people will be getting bored with Wii Sports....it's old news now.  Nintendo need to bring out a must have game for all gamers and non gamers to start off the craze again. 

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Around the Network
Neos said:
darthdevidem said:
NDS aint doomed, TOO LATE, it's sold 20 million, even if it stops selling now it's a HUGE success...

WII may be doomed, maybe the fad is wearing off

PS3 - average as usual

PSP - Proud of it

360 - Sucks..lol

fanboy alert..

IRONY

PSP = WOOW.

DS =  Still good but it is a little dissapointing because people are used to the HIGH numbers.

PS3, WII and X360 = Sucky sales.

PS2= Doesn't want to die.

09/27 Bass Fishing Wii: Rokumaru Dens...
Boku to Sim no Machi
Kekkaishi: Kokubourou no Kage
10/04 Dragon Ball Z: Sparking Meteor
Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2...
10/25 Dance Dance Revolution Hottest ...
Dance Dance Revolution Hottest ...
Ghost Squad
Ghost Squad (w/Wii Zapper)
Gintama: Banji Oku Chuubu
Simple Wii Series Vol. 1: The M...
Simple Wii Series Vol. 2: The M...
Takarjima Z: Barbaros no Hihou
11/01 Opoona
Super Mario Galaxy
11/08 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08
11/15 Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles
Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles (...
11/22 Dragon Blade
Gegege no Kitarou: Youkai Daiun...

will be over for sure in 3 weeks with mario galaxy and opoona.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Famitsu Top 10 Sept 17-23:
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1210814_1124.html

1. [NDS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2
2. [PSP] Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7
3. [PSP] Metal Gear Solid PO +
4. [Wii] Mario Strikers Charged
5. [NDS] Katekyoo Hitman Reborn!!
6. [Wii] Mario Party 8
7. [PS2] Kiniro no Corda 2 Anchor
8. [PS2] Another Century's Episode 3: The Final
9. [PSP] Metal Gear Solid PO + (Deluxe Pack)
10. [NDS] Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles - Ring of Fates

IIRC, Wii sales are down due to consoles being redirected to the countryside and the seasonal drought.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Galaki said:
OMGONOZWIIISDOOMED!!!

(Now, anyone care to put that gif up?)