By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - TOP JAP famitsu: PSP have risen to the heavens!!

@john lucas

Your a delussional nintendo fanboy. Sorry I had to say it.

mM
Around the Network
naznatips said:
It's not particularly huge there akuma. Oddly the biggest Japanese sport is probably baseball, but no sports games sell over there particularly well.

What?

What??

Football is probably the second biggest sport here behind baseball.  Not only are national games very popular, but there is also a lot of interest in international football too.

Furthermore, baseball and football games are big buisness here.  Konami have a field day with them, as do other companies.  Just because the Mario Strikers isn't selling doesn't mean that others sports titles don't.

Finally, well, Wii Sports is a sports game.  Isn't that the second biggest selling game of 2007 in Japan? 

PSN - hanafuda

Yet a nother extremly confident comment from JL ... well , we are all used to that ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

leo-j said:
@john lucas

Well you're just scared leo-j, scared because he has a very big chance of being right..

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Neos said:
leo-j said:
@john lucas

Well you're just scared leo-j, scared because he has a very big chance of being right..

Ah it doesn't bother me, Neos. I like when people call me that.

Demand ain't gonna drop like that for nothing. We see smaller sales numbers but are we looking at the stock available in Japan for comparison? Are many units stocked up on shelves or are they empty?

If they're relatively empty, that means Nintendo is up to something and is preparing for a BLOWOUT.

But I'm happy for the PSP. Sony needs everything they can get right now because it's been a rough year for them. They'd better get behind this handheld because it's their best bet right now. PS2 can't last forever.

I don't think demand is dropping for the Nin-twins. I think Nin is about to shock the charts in the next coming months and this is just the calm before the storm. It's like they're concentrating on the more closely contested regions like Europe/Aussieland/PALs and the Americas and just focusing on building supply.

The next few weeks will tell the tale either way.

John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Around the Network

@JL My point exactly! Demand couldn't have dropped like a stone! IMO, it's just the calm before the storm; prepare to be blowed away!

Same thing will happen to PS3 sales next year before FFXIII and MGS4. Believe it!

Well JL has a point . The PSP is a much more secure bet for Sony at this point than the PS3 , and seeing that it will soon reach the 25 million , it will gain a stable market . To bad that Sony is focusing 110% on the PS3 ... ( though lately the PSP got much love to , I admit :P ) .

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!