By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - TOP JAP famitsu: PSP have risen to the heavens!!

outlawauron said:
FishyJoe said:
It does seem a lot of people are ignoring the fact that the PS3 is about to go below 10k again. How many successful consoles have dipped below 10k multiple times excluding supply constraints?

Wait ... I sec I don't think I can remeber ........

Oh wait.

The PS2 sold under 10k for a few weeks in its lifetime.

What part of excluding supply constraints don't you understand? Or can't you read?

Around the Network

I think it is pretty bizarre that the Wii didn't get a boost with a "Mario" game coming out, even if it was just a soccer game. By the by, do Japanese people like soccer?

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

It's not particularly huge there akuma. Oddly the biggest Japanese sport is probably baseball, but no sports games sell over there particularly well.

steverhcp02 said:
FishyJoe said:
It does seem a lot of people are ignoring the fact that the PS3 is about to go below 10k again. How many successful consoles have dipped below 10k multiple times excluding supply constraints?

Fishy Joe responded quickly to the bat signal. There is Nintendo doubt? This cannot stand. Surely Fishy Joe will be here to turn our attention to the PS3 sucking even harder.

Enlighten us please.

Why does everyone think that -enter company name here- will just skyrocket altogether and dominate the market, leaving competition like "OMG! WTF?". Why can't there be healthy competition and all companies take a chunk of the market
(not implying that they'll take an equal chunk)?

Around the Network

actually soccer is big in Japan, the national soccer team is extremely popular, and many people follow the Japanese players in the european leagues. Over the last 20 years the popularity has grown so much in Japan it's pretty amazing, same thing has happened in other countries such as Finland.
I was also part of the soccer club at the university there, the only thing more popular than that was the baseball club.

Let me give you an example of how big the national team is in Japan, during the World Cup last year i was in Japan and I was watching the game at my place with some friends. My girlfriend (at the time) had to go home and I walked to her to the station, which normally you'd see about 50 people on your way there. As i walked down the street to the station i passed a bar which everyone in it was glued to the TV screen watching the game, passed a yakitori shop and again everyone in the shop was watching the game. I didn't even see 1 person outside on the way to, the way back, or inside the station (besides workers). It was so bizarre, it was the only time i'd ever seen the street empty in 11 months that i lived there.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

naznatips said:
It's not particularly huge there akuma. Oddly the biggest Japanese sport is probably baseball, but no sports games sell over there particularly well.

Wait and see when a Winnig Eleven releases on the WII. Soccer is very popular these days in Japan. They even show Dutch matches of top teams on TV so I've heard from a Japanese once.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Im not afarid for the DS and Wii , both will eventually take back their respective crowns ... untill than Im so happy for the PSP :D:D:D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Psp is selling through the power of FFVII lol. I really want that game so bad. I hope psp sales can stay relatively high though after the hype wears off.

I just have a feeling this is just waiting for the kill.

I get the feeling that the competition (and their supporters) is getting lulled into a false sense of security.

I just got that feeling.

Let 'em enjoy it, I say. They've seen so much Nintendomination so long it's nice to get a break every now and then.

It'll be back on in a minute...in a major way.

I've been saying forever that PSP is Sony's best bet right now. They BETTER jump on it while the jumping's good.

(I just got that feeling man. The pounce is COMING!)

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!