By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - TOP JAP famitsu: PSP have risen to the heavens!!

In most regions of the world September is a pretty slow month for entertainment products because people are heading back to school/work after their vacation and have (far) less time for entertainment; there is an exception to this in North America with videogames because September and october are linked to the begining of college and professional sports.

Sony has been clever by releasing their slim PSP at this time of year because there is nothing that they are (really) in competition with.

I would wait until mid october before I started forcasting the doom of the Nintendo DS or Wii.

Around the Network

OMGONOZWIIISDOOMED!!!

(Now, anyone care to put that gif up?)

I think you can better start counting on 25th October to see if a Treasure Island will hit some marks and if not a week later...

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

It is crazy how the Wii numbers keep on declining every week.

23k, that´s bad. Yes, slowest month of the year, game droughts and so on, but you have to look at it the other way: The Wii Sports effect is starting to fade out. It is the one big casual title everyone wants to play but now more than 2 million copies were sold in Japan and it is getting to a point where the amount of interested people is getting smaller.

That´s not a bad thing, in the end it is just a videogame console but it clearly shows Nintendo needs to finish Wii Fit and get some good games out there.

I wouldn´t be suprised if the Wii dropped below 20k for some weeks maybe even at PS3 level. Until Smash Bros. Mario and Wii Fit are out there is no reason why demand should increase all of a sudden. It is possible October will be a really bad month for the Wii, but it is likely the numbers will go up again in November and December. And I mean go up to PS2 level.

130k? Very descent second week for CC:FFVII (MHF2: 741.780 -> 150.498)...

Around the Network

The Nintendo DS can't be doomed anyway you try to spin it. It has already sold close to 20m units, and it is the backbone of the Japanese market. The Nintendo DS could go the rest of the year on selling 30k a week; it would still be the #1 system in Japan. Without the DS, Japanese Developers would be in some trouble.

@kber I fear this is the only piece of news that aren't quite spectacular...

those are some great numbers. Let's see if this can keep up.

NDS aint doomed, TOO LATE, it's sold 20 million, even if it stops selling now it's a HUGE success...

WII may be doomed, maybe the fad is wearing off

PS3 - average as usual

PSP - Proud of it

360 - Sucks..lol

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

super week for the psp :) great, i dont know if the wi is doomed because still sell more than the ps3 and xbox360 , and more than the ps2, if the wii is doomed in what place are the other consoles?, are super doomed or dead?