By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - TOP JAP famitsu: PSP have risen to the heavens!!

Is there some kind of link to where you get the numbers? We used to get a lot of fake or strange Famitsu numbers (among others), so it would help if there's a source.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Around the Network
*~Onna76~* said:
WTF is going on with the WII and DS in Japan?!!

Not that I'm happy with the Nintendo sales, but I think it's obvious that the DS dropped because of the new PSP model. And the rest of the market is still more or less the same, proportionally: Wii = PS3 x 2, Wii = PS2 + PS3. XBox nowhere to be seen.

Even the Japanese can only afford so many systems a week, so 280.000 PSP's means that every other system will have a drop.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 

Could this PSP figure be a typo of some sort ?
If not it's great.

Well, the Wii is *still* selling (approx) PS2 + PS3 + 360 (all other consoles) put together.

Time for Ninty to unlock the vault, and release one of their stored up megatons. I think the Wii --> DS download station (plus a few demos) should help pick demand up...

Its been years since there was a REAL battle... finally!

SONY v NINTENDO ... FIGHT!

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:

SONY v NINTENDO ... FIGHT!

Yes, it's good and healthy fun! 

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Around the Network
davygee said:
Surely, it's cos Nintendo are stockpiling for Xmas?

Right and therefore the WII is normal available at the stores online :=/

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

*~Onna76~* said:
davygee said:

*slaps himself in the head* god, you're a disgrace for our country :P, that was called, SARCASM 

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Not to sound like the gloomy gus to rain on people's parades, but I hope enthusiast here don't actually think this will be a consistant trend for more than a month. hopefully this will be an upward trend for the PSP, but the fact remains with no incentive to buy games as oppossed to just pirating them or using the PSP for no-profit secondary features, the PSP's facelift could be little more than a combination of upgrading your old portable combined with a phenomenal game.

Onimusha12 said:
Not to sound like the gloomy gus to rain on people's parades, but I hope enthusiast here don't actually think this will be a consistant trend for more than a month.

QF most intelligent post in this thread.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Neos said:
*~Onna76~* said:
davygee said:

*slaps himself in the head* god, you're a disgrace for our country :P, that was called, SARCASM 

I know, I was putting some more sarcasm on top of it :P And our country is a disgrace to itself only thanks to the government :P

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo