By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Not all users will have access to all of Forza 3 due to multiple DVDs.

http://www.developmag.com/news/32098/Report-360s-DVD-format-falling-behind

Forza 3 shipping on two discs, questions surround Metal Gear Rising’s capacity, while MS kills off Blu-ray possibilities

Three and a half years since it launched, the Xbox 360’s modest DVD format is now struggling to keep up with demands of modern game development, and the solution may not be as simple as “put disc 2 in tray”.

Forza 3 will soon ship on two 360 discs, with one holding the core product and another hosting additional content. However, news site Joystiq reports that, because of the two-disc set-up, not all 360 owners will be able to access all the game’s content.

At the same time, questions are being placed on whether Metal Gear Rising will be able to fit on a single dual-layer DVD; Kojima once infamously stated that Sony’s Blu-ray format wasn’t big enough to fit in everything MGS4 had to offer.

Forza 3 developers Turn 10 has confirmed how the full Forza 3 experience will work. The additional content on disc two will be downloaded and stored on the Xbox 360’s hard drive. The game itself will run from the core content on disc one and, as the game is being played, data from the hard drive will be accessed to provide the additional content.

But the 360’s basic Arcade SKU, of course, doesn’t come with a hard drive; a near-certain indication that 360 Arcade owners will not be able to play the full game.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Around the Network

Holy crap, that sucks. I don't care about GT5 vs. Forza 3 comparisons here, that there is pure suckage.

Interesting...

Quite annoying, the question is how much will be on the second disc? Will I have room to save both discs to my 20GB HDD without clearing the rest of my HDD

can't you jut store it on a memory card? something that all arcades come with.

Around the Network

A) there's a thread to this alreayd
B) the stated that the main experience will be on the first disc and extra cars and tracks on the second.

Just buy a memory card! is it that difficult!

bigdom2786 said:
A) there's a thread to this alreayd
B) the stated that the main experience will be on the first disc and extra cars and tracks on the second.

That's a huge bummer to miss out on some cars and tracks.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

That's interesting.

But why would it keep users from accessing all the content?

Can't they just switch discs?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

disolitude said:
Interesting...

Indeed. Maybe they will include a hard drive with the Arcade SKU now?

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!