By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Not all users will have access to all of Forza 3 due to multiple DVDs.

Dude, I know people who have bought PS3s for Gran Turismo, what should stop people like that from buying a Xbox 360 for Forza, and find out that the cheapest unit can't play the full game, after they bought it?

It's a problem because Microsoft guaranteed that no game would ever have to require a harddrive to play (a rule that has already been broken a couple of times anyway). They're alienating consumers here, by breaking their own promises.

Around the Network

Ok I'm basically forced to reply again to Rainbird..:

The game does not require a hard drive to play.. It requires a hard drive for all content.. Same as basically every game since almost every game has DLC.. Besides...

"Turn 10’s John Wendl promised that “even disc one is bigger than any other racing game out there.” "

Truth does not fear investigation

Night - Would you pay 5 dollars for a McDonalds value meal just to get a drink, burger, and empty thing of fries? No, you wouldn't. You paid for those fries and you should expect to be able to eat them.

Just bundle Forza with a 60GB HDD --> problem solved. Make it $85 and you have a great deal for arcade owners.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

NightAntilli said:

The game does not require a hard drive to play.. It requires a hard drive for all content.. Same as basically every game since almost every game has DLC.. Besides...

"Turn 10’s John Wendl promised that “even disc one is bigger than any other racing game out there.” "

So you consider the second disc in the game package pure addon content, and not a part of the full game? Because when I think DLC, I think "stuff that was added after the release of the game".

Therefor, in my opinion, you need a harddrive to play the full game. If you have a game which had DLC, addons if you will, released post launch, then that's another case.

And on the commentary, we'll have to see and judge that by release

Around the Network
JEDE3 said:
Night - Would you pay 5 dollars for a McDonalds value meal just to get a drink, burger, and empty thing of fries? No, you wouldn't. You paid for those fries and you should expect to be able to eat them.

Oh but the fries is not empty. It's not McDonalds' fault that you didn't get the mayonaise to eat the fries with... Because you do get the fries, you just can't eat them..

Rainbird said:
NightAntilli said:

So you consider the second disc in the game package pure addon content, and not a part of the full game? Because when I think DLC, I think "stuff that was added after the release of the game".

Therefor, in my opinion, you need a harddrive to play the full game. If you have a game which had DLC, addons if you will, released post launch, then that's another case.

And on the commentary, we'll have to see and judge that by release

You are entitled to your opinion, and I understand your view completely. But I personally don't think it's a big problem. That's all I'm trying to point out. You can still play the game. Just less cars and a few less tracks. So your experience might be less than originally intended, but hey, the solution is simple if you really really need all those cars.. Just like DirtyP2002 said. And that's for the minority that don't have a hard drive, because most already have one..

Truth does not fear investigation

Thats ok, its balanced by the fact that many Xbox 360 owners will not even have to go to the trouble of inserting a disc to play Forza 3.

Tease.

So how many people bitching in this thread actually own a 360? And if you do, do you not have a HD? 

The truth is Forza 3 will have drive-assist.

Cheer for all the trolls. It never said anywhere you can't play Forza 3. The 2nd disc will most likely act like DLC content just like what they did with Platinum edition of Forza2 (or GOTY Oblivion). If you have HDD or enough space on your MU then you can download the stuff off the 2nd disc for the main game.

Where the hell does it said that Arcade unit can not run Forza 3? I love all the FUD and butthurts of PS3 fans because their E3 was a big thud.