By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Not all users will have access to all of Forza 3 due to multiple DVDs.

mysticD said:
Cheer for all the trolls. It never said anywhere you can't play Forza 3. The 2nd disc will most likely act like DLC content just like what they did with Platinum edition of Forza2 (or GOTY Oblivion). If you have HDD or enough space on your MU then you can download the stuff off the 2nd disc for the main game.

Where the hell does it said that Arcade unit can not run Forza 3? I love all the FUD and butthurts of PS3 fans because their E3 was a big thud.

You're the one trolling here. We know it will run Forza 3, but if you pay for the full game, and your Arcade unit can't run THE FULL GAME, then you've been played.

THAT is the issue.

Around the Network
dougsdad0629 said:

But the 360’s basic Arcade SKU, of course, doesn’t come with a hard drive; a near-certain indication that 360 Arcade owners will not be able to play the full game.

Well thats what you get for buying the "tard pack", to steal a term from Shane Bettenhausen.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

When creating a great game, you just gotta fuck it over somehow. Seriously, thats real? the arcades ought to be a pretty big chunk out of all of the 360's... stupid decision.

I really don't see another solution, I'm with Night, Arcade owners do can play the game if they wish. Cutting the content of the extra disc would be just worse option, and DLC or even streaming the game would just cause much more problems.
Think like this:

with second disk: HDD owners have the game and extra content,non-HDD owners have just the game

Without second disk:Both HDD owners and no-HDD owners haver the game without the extra content.

Rainbird said:
mysticD said:
Cheer for all the trolls. It never said anywhere you can't play Forza 3. The 2nd disc will most likely act like DLC content just like what they did with Platinum edition of Forza2 (or GOTY Oblivion). If you have HDD or enough space on your MU then you can download the stuff off the 2nd disc for the main game.

Where the hell does it said that Arcade unit can not run Forza 3? I love all the FUD and butthurts of PS3 fans because their E3 was a big thud.

You're the one trolling here. We know it will run Forza 3, but if you pay for the full game, and your Arcade unit can't run THE FULL GAME, then you've been played.

THAT is the issue.

You can buy Rock Band 2 for $60. But it would cost you another $100 to experience the game properly that you paid for. You can't run the full game.

Is it an issue?

You can buy Gears 2 and not be able to use the free multiplayer maps because you're not connected to the internet with your console.

Is it an issue?

So if Turn 10 didnt have that 2nd disc, everyone would still be asked to pay $60 and the people with the HDD would miss out on the extra content. If the disc exists then the people with no HDD are no worse off than before and the people with HDD are better off.

Is it really an issue? No one is better off if theres only one disc, some people are better off with 2-3 discs. Therefore theres no net loss for the people without HDD from this and theres a net gain from people with HDDs.

Tease.

Around the Network

While it sucks, it doesn't mean that arcade owners are losing out on much....
I mean, instead of 400 cars, they only get 300... and instead god knows how many track variations, they only get a handful less.
PGR3 has a lot of cars in it, and I think there are too many useless ones in it.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

I'm glad some people understand my point. Geez.. It seems the only ones complaining are the ones that don't have an X360..

Truth does not fear investigation

Squilliam said:
Thats ok, its balanced by the fact that many Xbox 360 owners will not even have to go to the trouble of inserting a disc to play Forza 3.

Except...that you do have to instert the Forza 3 disc to play Forza 3.  You just won't have to switch discs to access the content that couldn't fit onto the "play" disc.

Kind of sucks for Arcade users.  I know that for me, half the fun of Forza/GT games is driving all types of cars, not just the uber cars.  So it would suck if you want to drive a Civic or something only to find out that it's on the second disc and you can't drive it.

And it's pretty amazing how many people are defending Microsoft and Turn 10.

Wendl said. "Disc one is the full experience, even disc one is bigger than any other racing game out there. Disc two includes a lot of extra cars, even a handful of tracks."

It is a kind of a pita for arcade owners, but i'm sure it's not as big a problem as some are making it out to be...

I just did a quick search on ebay and the 20gb hard drives can be had for around $20-$30.