By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Not all users will have access to all of Forza 3 due to multiple DVDs.

Squilliam said:
Rainbird said:

Of course it's an issue. Consumers are promised that the Arcade can play the exact same games the other SKUs can, but Arcade owners will have to settle for a gimped version unless they want to fork out the cash to get the full value of their money that went to buying Forza 3. It's another thing that you can't download extra DLC which was made to be just that, extras, addons etc.

And Rock Band 2 demands you buy all the instruments to get the full experience no matter what console you own. You don't have to buy a fifth peripheral, just because you happen to own a specific SKU of a console.

In this case they can still play the same game. It has never been the promise that they can play every game exactly as a 20GB+ owner could because some multi-player options, even local multi-player options are excluded if you don't own a HDD. So this is not the first case and this is not the last case where this will or has happened. The promise as I interpretted it, is that you can get the same basic functionality of just playing games cheaper if you choose the Arcade. It doesn't promise that every experience will be identical because some experiences would have to require a HDD as otherwise the HDD would be useless dead weight. There aren't any games aside from two which require a HDD to actually play, so that promise holds true.

Indeed, it doesn't say anything about games being potentially gimped. I do wonder if retailers told this to people buying the harddrive less units. I don't assume other games than Forza 3 will be gimped for owners of the units with small amounts of built in memory. Either way, the problem wont be fully realized until we know just how much disc 2 contains, but I still think that forcing some of your userbase to either upgrade or be stuck with a gimped version of the game is a crappy approach.

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
NightAntilli said:

@Rainbird & dougsdad0629:

I'm not saying there won't be arcade users that will be mad or will be interested. There will always be people who are mad or interested. There are even people that think this MS conference was the worst for example. My point is, that group of arcade users interested in Forza 3 is so small, that it won't be a large scale problem at all. You guys are making a problem of it, while you probably own a hard disk yourself, or you don't own an X360 at all.

Like I said earlier, if you want to use the additional content on the other disk, just get a hard drive, but the chances are you have one already if you're interested in the game. That's your responsibility because Forza is clearly focused on dedicated gamers, because a casual gamer wouldn't care if such a game has 50 or 500 cars. They just want to play and relax. If they are a racing freak they already would have a hard drive and a racing wheel.

They could've made that content downloadable, and arcade users would not be able to download it because of the lack of a hard drive or internet. And no one would complain about missing tracks or cars if that was the case, even if they were free. And suddenly it's a problem now? Sorry, but I simply don't see the issue. Most people would just say, get an internet connection and connect your Xbox to get the free DLC. Well, now I say, get a hard drive.

Anyway, consider this my last post. This is my opinion, and I guess this will be a never-ending discussion if we keep going. So bye.

You pulled that STRAIGHT out of your ass.

No I didn't, but I wouldn't expect you or anyone here to understand, because apparently, most of you are only inclined into numbers and have thrown out logical thinking. I explained it various times why there aren't many xbox users without a hard drive that are interested in simulators. The ones that don't have a hard drive, probably won't be interested in the game anyway, and there are various reasons. The ones that are interested probably already have a hard drive or won't feel like it's an issue to get a hard drive..

Truth does not fear investigation

If you have a 360 and don't have a harddrive it is about time to own one. Why worry about the memory you can get a 120 gig like me. I used to have a 20 gig but that is simply not enough HD space for me I like downloading a lot of content and not having to worry about whether i have enough space.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Would critics prefer they just didn't include the extra content at all?

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

NightAntilli said:
BMaker11 said:
NightAntilli said:

@Rainbird & dougsdad0629:

I'm not saying there won't be arcade users that will be mad or will be interested. There will always be people who are mad or interested. There are even people that think this MS conference was the worst for example. My point is, that group of arcade users interested in Forza 3 is so small, that it won't be a large scale problem at all. You guys are making a problem of it, while you probably own a hard disk yourself, or you don't own an X360 at all.

Like I said earlier, if you want to use the additional content on the other disk, just get a hard drive, but the chances are you have one already if you're interested in the game. That's your responsibility because Forza is clearly focused on dedicated gamers, because a casual gamer wouldn't care if such a game has 50 or 500 cars. They just want to play and relax. If they are a racing freak they already would have a hard drive and a racing wheel.

They could've made that content downloadable, and arcade users would not be able to download it because of the lack of a hard drive or internet. And no one would complain about missing tracks or cars if that was the case, even if they were free. And suddenly it's a problem now? Sorry, but I simply don't see the issue. Most people would just say, get an internet connection and connect your Xbox to get the free DLC. Well, now I say, get a hard drive.

Anyway, consider this my last post. This is my opinion, and I guess this will be a never-ending discussion if we keep going. So bye.

You pulled that STRAIGHT out of your ass.

No I didn't, but I wouldn't expect you or anyone here to understand, because apparently, most of you are only inclined into numbers and have thrown out logical thinking. I explained it various times why there aren't many xbox users without a hard drive that are interested in simulators. The ones that don't have a hard drive, probably won't be interested in the game anyway, and there are various reasons. The ones that are interested probably already have a hard drive or won't feel like it's an issue to get a hard drive..

How do you know this? Have you done a survey of all 30 million Xbox owners? Wasn't the $199 price point supposed to attract the most customers? Is Forza not a "casual" game that's really accessible. People call GT that, a reasoning for it selling like 10M copies per entry. Anyway, not everyone is made of money. Just because you ASSUME that people who spent $200 on the console don't care about games like Forza doesn't make it true.