By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA Says Sony's Motion Tech Is More Accessible Than Microsoft's

megaman79 said:
this is crap, isn't sonys wiimote the same exact thing?

It can do some more things in movement detection that the Wiimote can't do even with WM+, there are threads with technical details yet.

Plus it - obviously - comes with the camera which lends itself to even more interaction modes.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

Around the Network
megaman79 said:
@disolitude. dude would you please stop reminding us that were playing with dildos

lol...there is nothing wrong with playing with dildos, when appropriate age, company and time comes along.

Xen said:
Who said that it'll look like it does by the time it releases? Sony's products are always sleek and fashionable, not clumsy like this unfinished prototype.

exactly...I expect it to look nothing like a Wii mote whens its done

disolitude said:

LOL is this guy for real?

With Natal, at any time Microsoft can release a purple dildo which will do exactly the same thing as sonys black dildo. But natal can do much much more.

From what I've seen in the Past and Present, the PSEye can do anything that Natal can. What almighty things can Natal do that the others can't?

Disolitude - Would you at least agree if MS wants Natal to catch on they will need to make a black dildo and sell it with the camera?

I think so. I also think the purple dildo needs to catch on by selling it with every eyetoy after it releases.

Around the Network
JEDE3 said:
Disolitude - Would you at least agree if MS wants Natal to catch on they will need to make a black dildo and sell it with the camera?

I think so. I also think the purple dildo needs to catch on by selling it with every eyetoy after it releases.

I think that Milo software (when perfected) will sell the camera much better than a dildo ever could. Trying to sell a dildo like controller at this point is a crowded market... However, trying to sell AI intelligence as well as features not available anywhere else (scan your own gear in to the game for example) is a win situation.

If a game requires a trigger, MS can release a 10 dollar add on with a trigger for that specific game. that way you don't have to make a game work around the conroller. You can make the game you want and then make a controller that suits the needs (if necessary)

@Demotruk and Alterego-X

karimkassis4life5000 said:

We will concur with that assessment and at the same time, ask one question of Nintendo: "watcha gonna do now?" No offense or anything, but what Microsoft and Sony showed off this week is leaps and bounds ahead of anything we've seen on the Wii. In fact, and forgive the insinuation, but something like the Wiimote is mere child's play in the face of such advanced technology. Well, the Wii has already made its mark, we suppose, and maybe it's time to let the big boys try to push the envelope.

these are not my words, there part of the article.

People don't like add ons. I point you in the direction of Sega.

JEDE3 said:
People don't like add ons. I point you in the direction of Sega.

But Wii's balance board sales say otherwise, if there's the right software to sell them.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

McClaren said:
disolitude said:

LOL is this guy for real?

With Natal, at any time Microsoft can release a purple dildo which will do exactly the same thing as sonys black dildo. But natal can do much much more.

From what I've seen in the Past and Present, the PSEye can do anything that Natal can. What almighty things can Natal do that the others can't?

Natal features not available for eyetoy (based from info that we have now...there could be more)

Scan your own gear in to the game

facial reckognition

voice reckognition

Full 3d space tracking (moving forward, backwards, left and right)

And most important...a multi billion dollar company standing behind it saying that they will develop it and support it.

I had an eyetoy and while it was cool, it was seriously underdevelopped. No one did anything with it. this is a big improvement over that product and Microsoft is standing behind it as their motion controller flag ship...they will not make it go to waste.