By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3: So, who do you really think had the best conference?

--OkeyDokey-- said:
I was surprised at the result of the poll on IGN asking the same question. Really shows the difference in site demographics.

48% Microsoft

42% Sony

12% Nintendo....

http://au.e3.ign.com/

funny thing, there is a spanish website (Revogamers) for the wii, they have the same question. and for my surprise:

Microsoft 59%

Nintendo 36%

Sony 4%

I really though the Nintendo one would be first place O.o

Around the Network

In all honesty I think all 3 had good conferences. Though I would definitely pick out Nintendo's as the weakest of the 3, and obviously me being a big ps3 fan, I liked Sony' the best.

I definitely have to give the win to Sony. They had the most and biggest announcments, the most interesting stuff to show, and the most consistent quality.

Maynard_Tool said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
I was surprised at the result of the poll on IGN asking the same question. Really shows the difference in site demographics.

48% Microsoft

42% Sony

12% Nintendo....

http://au.e3.ign.com/

funny thing, there is a spanish website (Revogamers) for the wii, they have the same question. and for my surprise:

Microsoft 59%

Nintendo 36%

Sony 4%

I really though the Nintendo one would be first place O.o

MS is getting really strong in spanish talking countries, specially in México.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Well, MS is doing big in mexico. First of all, the price for a X360 is not as crazy as the other ones. It's almost the same as if you buy the X360 in the US. The wii and the ps3 are almost double the price you would pay in the US. That, for just the start, it's a lot.

Then you have games in Spanish. Plus the X360 has great games. And in between a X360 or a Ps3, people with no doubt would go for a X360 in Mexico. Wii, as we all know, goes by itself, and it's getting pretty popular lately too.

**That website is from Spain

Around the Network

well for me it was sony only because they had more exclusives and more to announce the only thing i found interesting ms was natal and conviction imo

DISCLAIMER: I did not watch the Nintendo conferance because, while Nintendo has a lot to offer for some people, it does not appeal to me, therefore it would be pointless to watch. For that reason, Nintendo will not make it on my list. I will only be doing Sony and Xbox. 

If this were judged on presentation alone, Sony would win hands down. I though they had a strong showing, a strong theme, and a clean cut feel. The only good presenters I saw on the Microsoft side, were the guy who opened up the press conferance, and the Forza presenter (he was by far the stronges presenter I saw in either of the two camps) Unfortunately, this cannot be judged on presentation alone, so who wins? Read on to see.

Lets start with Sony, they had a lot of games, but only two of their exclusives piqued my interest. Grand Tourismo, great graphics, looks fun, has NASCAR racing. And that silly Mario cart knockoff, that actually looked like fun. FF14 looked intense and had suprisingly good graphics, but I do not enjoy playing that genra. The rest of the games did not excite me.

I would have been impressed with Sony's motion tracking controller a year ago...or even last Sunday, but after seeing MS NATAL project, Sony's MC looked silly. It was buggy, looked hard to get used to, and the controllers themselves looked ridiculous with the little glowing "orb" on top. Also, the fact that it needed buttons to work was dissapointing. Couldn't they get creative and find a way to use motion, or virtual buttons? 

Now for Microsoft, they stole the show with 3 games that appealed to me. Halo ODST just looked like fun, plus you get more on the Halo story line as well as all the Halo 3 maps, Halo Reach also adds to the Halo story line and should be good. Forza 3 has amazing graphics, looks fun, and has awsome car editing, and video editing features. 

I was extremely impressed with the NATAL project,even though it is still in it's develompmental stages and is thus a little buggy. Once the kinks get worked out, and game developement really gets going, I see potential. People are constantly saying "you need buttons" or "you can't play FPS with it" I disagree. You could use a verbal command, use hand motions, or even use virtual buttons, although the latter would probably be clumsy. I would like to think game developers would find a way to give you the choice to use NATAL, or your origional controller in games, that way, if you got tired of jumping around like a fool, were just feeling lazy, or were too fat to get your ass away from your Cheetos and Mountain Dew, you could play using the origional, Cheeto stained, controller.

Who gets first place?

#1. Microsoft. They had a better motion control with more potential, and more games that interested me.

#2. Sony. They had a more polished presentation, but their motion controller doesn't hold a candle to Microsofts, and they only had two games that made me happy.

I already have a 360, so would I buy one? No, why spend the money?

Would I buy a PS3? Well, it has the bluray player, and two games that I think I would enjoy, but, since I am currently out of a job (and therefore out of money), and already have a gaming system, the answer is no.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Microsoft they showed the most awesome games, didnt waste too much time announcing 3rd party games (yes rockband beetles and MW2 were in there but didnt take up that much of the show.) they also showed the most awesome new technology and perepheral. M$ won this no contest

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

I would have rather been frontrow at the presentation with Paul, Ringo, Yoko, Hawk, Spielberg, the attractive/athletic asian girl playing with virtual balls, you get the idea...

1. Nintendo 8.5/10 (9/10 with Keynotes and games on booth)
2. Sony 8/10
3. Microsoft 5/10

The best would have been Nintendo if you speak only of newly announced games from 1st party : Mario, Metroid and few new games.
They also had the best diversity in term of variety of games.
+ Zelda unveilled by Miyamoto.

Second to Sony, who didnt have so much new stuff to show but managed to steal the day with FF14 (i dont care though) and fabulous Trico. Also, the showing of strong games to come GoW3, U. 2 etc. PSP Go was lame

and then MS, who only had a prototype of someting useless by now, Natal. Come back in 3 years with this for Xbox720. Nothing really got my attention.

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !