By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3: So, who do you really think had the best conference?

to be honest i cant tell between MS and Sony but i think nintendo lost,nothing amzing just some more games like ANOTHER super mario

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

Around the Network

Well if you go off how many each companies "exclusive" will sell just on what was shown at E3 then it's got to be Nintendo! I can see those few games topping 100 million between them

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Well, if you look at the presenters, Tretton wins by 1 trillion miles, he is just awesome, he was cracking jokes within seconds

In terms of surprises, Nintendo probably wins, with that Vitality Monitor, Metroid Prime and SMG 2 (I know it was rumoured but I did not expect it) beating FF XIV in terms of shock value (though XIV would have won if it was offline)

In terms of showing the best stuff, I thought Sony won. They were missing Ratchet, and they did have to relegate some of their games to montages, but Uncharted 2 was by far the best thing I have seen at E3, and God of War III was also impressive. They also did a good job with the PSP Go, and all the games they showcased looked great

So I would give it Sony, they showed the most games that interested me

1. Microsoft
2. Nintendo
3. Sony

It's really all opinion... if a new Mario game gets you going (it doesn't for me... Zelda yeah) and I was hoping for something NEW... or Luigi getting his own game... MG2 doesn't entice me to much... though the DS continues to be something that I really would like to get. Some people are excited about the new GoW coming out and that's what stokes their fires. Others are salivating for Sam Fisher's return to kicking ass... and that would be me... I really didn't care about Nintendo's conference at all with the exception of the DS games (I loved Golden Sun on my GBA). I'm happy that Nintendo didn't pull their BS again though. I will say that they all were impressive in their own ways. I may not care about Mario, but I see the impact it will make for other gamers and GoW series always made me feel like I was playing Shenmue's QTAs all night I know that many of you love the game series. They were all 8s at least and only a total fanboy would get it lower.

Around the Network

Nintendo slightly. And though I hate to say it, MS has slightly better than Sony. Of course they were so close it hardly matters. Really ones bias is going to decide this since they were all so close.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Sony.

Honesty, Milo? What was Molyneux thinking? Trying to design a game for Catholic priests and highschool teachers that shoud have gone into modelling instead?

txrattlesnake said:
Sony.

Honesty, Milo? What was Molyneux thinking? Trying to design a game for Catholic priests and highschool teachers that shoud have gone into modelling instead?

Milo=Skynet so you better watch what you say :p  I think you're being a little harsh.  Surely a update to Seaman would be an interesting change of pace.

As far as new announcements of exclusives, I think Nintendo clearly won. A lot of MS's announcements were PC/360 games which are not exclusives, and Sony managed to only show one new exclusive for 2010, and none for 2009. In terms of unexpected exclusives, Microsoft showed Crackdown 2 and Halo Reach, two first-party shooters...

Sony's problem was that their biggest announcements were all leaked or obvious.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Nintendo or Microsoft... although Microsoft lost points for me for that creepy kid thing that Molyneux seemed to be going gaga over. It looked like they were pretending they'd cracked human syntax from an AI point of view and this child would be able to understand and return conversation like a real person. I think if that were the case, we'd have heard aboutt hat particular scientific breakthrough in the National Papers, don't you?

I didn't like that they were pretending it was something else that it wasn't. Everything else besides the little kid looked amazing though. I think Nintendo and Sony may eventually have to emulate Microsoft on this one.

Wii code: 1534 8127 5081 0969

Brawl code: 1762-4131-9390

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club