By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3: So, who do you really think had the best conference?

honestly, the focus on motion controls at this E3 had me pissed off instead of excited. Having every company following the same strategy offers gamers only one choice and gaming becomes what mainstream news has become i.e all the major players report the exact same thing (at least here in the U.S.)

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

Wii code: 1534 8127 5081 0969

Brawl code: 1762-4131-9390

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Frankly I was both happy and disappointed with all of them.

Nothing but a bunch of sequels announced by anyone. Predictable and f-ing boring to me.

Nintendo - NSMBW - Not surprising but I'll totally get this.
- WF+ - Umm... Interesting but EA Sport Active and Ubisoft My Shape look better than a Wii Fit redo with little new content (exercise wise), if it's $40 or less I'll get it.
- SMG2 - I got bored 1/4 of the way through SMG. Not interested.
- M:OM - Interesting new take. Don't care.
- WSR - I was totally not interested before, now totally interested again. Good job.

Where the hell is Kirby Wii?! Star Fox? F-Zero? Fire Emblem? Donkey Kong? Com'on!! Enough Mario/Zelda/Metroid, let's see some other franchises already.

MS - re: Announced games. All expected sequels and not interested in any myself.
-MGS:R - If it was exclusive it would be something, but it's not so - shrug. Not a MGS fan.
- Natal - Cool, neat - I look forward to seeing more of this. No real 'game' for it though. Has potential but if it's expensive it'll never take off. Still, I could see myself getting this.

Sony - PSP Go - biggest surprise, too bad it wasn't. Lots of great support/games but I don't care about PSP.
- FF IV - LOL. Sorry. But seriously, are they serious? Where the hell is FFXIII? FF VS? Havn't they been burned enough by FFXIII?? I simply do not believe FFXIV will be out in 2010 - especially not on the Delaystation 3, especially not when FFXIII and FFVS are dropping that same year. SE would be eating their own market and losing sales. It doesn't make sense to drop 3 FF games in one year on one system - one with a small installed base to boot. Nor do I believe for a second this will not also jump to 360. It's a MMO for crying out loud - it needs as many subscribers as possible and it's a PC game ported to PS3 (it must be because PC will be 90% of the market for a MMO) so a 360 port would be damn easy and cheap and senseless not to do. If FFXIII sales half-decent on 360, FFXIV will hit 360 too.
- Sony Motion Controller. It's WM+. Except it's a year too late, too expensive (thanks to needing PSEye), with no games announced for it. WTF?? Why even bother? Look, we will be able to do next year some of what the Wii does now. Yeah, the camera adds something to it, but camera control wise it's crushed by MS's and motion game wise it's obliterated by Wii's huge library and use of analog. I have very, very little faith in this and doubt it'll catch on any more than the eyetoy has.

To me Sony's seemed desperate. Seems like they've lost their way. MS has direction and is moving forward and Nintendo continues it's plan but there was no innovation shown except for the Virtality Sensor and that was totally WTF??

For me personally, the biggest items of interest at E3 were Endless Ocean 2, My Shape, NSMBW, Natal and WSR in that order.

Edit: from an IGN interview with SE:

What platforms is Final Fantasy XIV coming to?
Currently the game is confirmed for PlayStation 3 and Windows PC. An Xbox 360 version isn't official, but Square Enix is considering the possibility that it could.