By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

More important as to whether or not people in this conversation want cutting edge visuals on Kingdom Hearts is whether or not such visuals matter to those who buy the game.

Quite frankly, the visuals on any current system are "good enough" for those who would be buying the game.

The question then becomes what is the audience for the game and what system might they have/get. That is for the business people at S-E to answer. Honestly, I am not sure they can answer it PS3.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

"^^ after the MGS R being exclusive to 360 issue, dont trust IGN anymore."

mgs rising will be on 360 AND ps3

blaydcor said:
BMaker11 said:
trestres said:
I know, that's why KH is also on Cell Phones, DS, PSP, GBA and PS2. Great graphics!

Weren't those games out (KH1/2, Chain of Memories, he first cell phone game) or in development (BBS and 358/2) before the HD consoles were even sold? You fail. That's like him saying "I want MGS with cutting edge visuals" and you replying, sarcastically, "Yeah, that's why MGS was also on the SNES"....you fail

Uh, yeah, but none of those are graphically powerful systems. Kingdom Hearts has never been on a graphically powerful system; quite the opposite. So, yeah, your counter-analogy is stupid. What it's ACTUALLY like is someone saying "MGS has to be on teh HD system for teh best graphics!!1!" and him being like "yeah, but it was on the PS1 vs. N 64 and PS2 vs. GCN/X-box. Great graphics".

So, yeah, kind of owned yourself.

Uhh...no. He's being totally sarcastic because previous KHs weren't on systems with high end graphics. THAT'S BECAUSE KH RELEASES CAME OUT BEFORE HIGH END GRAPHIC SYSTEMS WERE OUT. To bring it "oh PS1 vs N64 or PS2 vs Xbox"...there wasn't *that* much a difference between those consoles. HD vs. Wii...hige difference, therefore making your analogy null and void.

So once again, being sarcastic about the game not having high graphics when when the game came out, high end graphics weren't being produced is stupid. Otherwise, all HD games should be on the Wii....because a lot were on the PS2, going by your and trestres' logic

trestres said:
BMaker11 said:
trestres said:
I know, that's why KH is also on Cell Phones, DS, PSP, GBA and PS2. Great graphics!

Weren't those games out (KH1/2, Chain of Memories, he first cell phone game) or in development (BBS and 358/2) before the HD consoles were even sold? You fail. That's like him saying "I want MGS with cutting edge visuals" and you replying, sarcastically, "Yeah, that's why MGS was also on the SNES"....you fail

That's how scared you are of a Wii KH? lol

No...I'm just pointing out how stupid your analogy is

mike_intellivision said:
More important as to whether or not people in this conversation want cutting edge visuals on Kingdom Hearts is whether or not such visuals matter to those who buy the game.

Quite frankly, the visuals on any current system are "good enough" for those who would be buying the game.

The question then becomes what is the audience for the game and what system might they have/get. That is for the business people at S-E to answer. Honestly, I am not sure they can answer it PS3.

Mike from Morgantown

If it was coming to PS3, then I would buy it and I have planned to buy it for several years; however, if it is on Wii unless Nintendo cuts about $100.00 off the price of that console before the game releases, then I probably won't buy it.  If a 360 can be had for $199.99, then a Wii should be even cheaper.

Around the Network
txrattlesnake said:
mike_intellivision said:

Mike from Morgantown

If it was coming to PS3, then I would buy it and I have planned to buy it for several years; however, if it is on Wii unless Nintendo cuts about $100.00 off the price of that console before the game releases, then I probably won't buy it.  If a 360 can be had for $199.99, then a Wii should be even cheaper.

1. Target audience.  We're talking Disney characters here.  Which console do you think would be most responsive to a Disney character driven title?

2. The X360 Arcade SKU is sold below cost.  If it were sold at or above cost, the Wii would likely still be cheaper.   Costs are also relevant to demand.   Demand dictates the Wii have a higher price than the X360 Arcade SKU.   Your personal opinion may differ but you are not the market as a whole.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
txrattlesnake said:
mike_intellivision said:

Mike from Morgantown

1. Target audience.  We're talkign Disney characters here.  Which console do you think woul dbe most responsive to a Disney character driven title?

2. The X360 Arcade SKU is sold below cost.  If it were sold at or above cost, the Wii would likely still be cheaper.   Costs are also relevant to demand.   Demand dictates the Wii have a higher price than the X360 Arcade SKU.   Your personal opinion may differ but you are not the market as a whole.

Agreed, got to match your product with your audience, personally I'm not 100% sure how Birth By Sleep will sell on PSP, I know I'm buying it, but KH appeals to the broad range of game fans and most likely have the popular systems, like they did with PS1 and PS2, now it's the Wii and DS.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

target audience is the most important i think

but i'm also sure that now that Microsoft targets children as well, SE and Disney might put it on Xbox360 and Ps3

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

trestres said:
BMaker11 said:
trestres said:

That's how scared you are of a Wii KH? lol

Too band The PS2 <<<<<<< The GC, and the PS2 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< The XBOX.

However, base installation-wise PS2 >>>>>>>>>> XBOX, and PS2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The GC.

And in this case, the Wii also has the lowest-powered graphics, and the highest consumer base...

Not to mention that KH is casual for the most part...

So...Yeah. My roommate cried when he heard this.

"First Monster Hunter now Kingdom Hearts? DAMN YOU NINTENDO!!" is what he said.

Didn't get a chance to tell him it was rumor. Still, could be awesome to see Kingdom Hearts on the Wii.