By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft are still in the lead, but this is a wonderful E3 all around.

Nintendo brought out some big guns at their conference Wii wise.  Two new Mario's and a new Metroid are great for gamers.  Casual fare was more of the same, and come to that so was the hardcore stuff, but still VERY strong.  NSMBWii looks AWESOME with it's 4 player co-op.  They didn't have as much stuff as Microsoft did, fewer suprises, and not as many BIG games, but they wiped the floor with their own conference last year, and they really ensured that this fantastic E3 continued to be fantastic.

Sony's conference starts in half an hour, and if they don't have a couple of huge surprises, I'd be very worried.  Hopefully they can continue the great gamer's conference this has been, and perhaps even better Microsoft.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Both conferences were good, neither were great.

Unless Sony does something amazing, E3 this year itself will be "meh" overall.

So far MS is waaaaay ahead for me!

More re-hashed Mario games and Metroid... Nothing to make me get a Wii but things to make me glad i own a 360!

Now to see what Sony will bring to the table this year!

Zelda would have made Ninty unbeatable imo.

They showed way too much Mario games, but Metroid kept it in the 8s.

I agree with you that MS still have the lead.

Are you kidding? Microsoft's conference was fantastic, and Nintendo's wasn't too far behind.

I'm extremely disappointed about the lack of Zelda and Star Fox, but you cannot really complain about new Metroid's and Mario's.

Edit: This post was aimed at Words of Wisdom.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

For me it's Nintendo they had the most game I will buy when they are released.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

right so the mario games are rehashes but crackdown 2, L4D2, forza 3, and MGS are not.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Sorry Nintendo won this E3 for me

microsoft was way better and exiting
no zelda

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

Nintendo's presentation was pretty boring, the crowd wasn't into it. The Team Ninja Metroid was a huge suprise.