By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Question about Reggie reading the blogs

If he's so in tune with blogs, which obviously includes forum talk, why is he presenting three games we've already heard of? Obviously if forum speak is poor it's under the knowledge of these three titles.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

It was just a lead-in to that awesome new Metroid.

More imprtantly, if hes been in the blogs... where was Zelda Wii

badgenome said:
It was just a lead-in to that awesome new Metroid.

Fair enough I suppose, but it gets me thinking they don't have any more of an inside look into third party development on their console than we do. It should be noted they also presented four shooters in a row.

I will fully admit though, that Metroid looks phenomenal. I can't even describe how it's going to play but it just looks...wow.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Well to be fair he can't do everything he sees on the blogs/forums. He is part of a corporate entity and the buck doesn't stop by him..

That said, i understand what you mean about what "we've heard of" already, some will wonder about new/rejuvenated IPs. Again, to me, it just boils down to not being able to please anyone...no matter how much it may make sense to do it :(

Around the Network

It can only get worser with this new MAYBE target group. In the end Nintendo has done some great things to gaming. They need more help from 3th party, that don't make lame rail-shooters. The Conduit, Red Steel 2, Dead Space, Final Fantasy all welcome games.
Still gamers don't have a choice. You want a FPS? You can choose between The Conduit, Call of Duty and.... see what I mean.
If you're a all-round gamer Nintendo has alot to offer aside from graphics & physics.

If 3rd party don't want to make cool new titles for Wii and want to make them on Xbox 360 and PS3 instead. They're just missing an opportunity.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

KylieDog said:
Carl2291 said:

This.

Mario Galaxy 2?  Honestly...wtf?

A new proper Zelda would be awesome but can you really be upset with SMG2?  That's like being upset you found a $20 bill instead of a $50.

I was expecting something else, but the three 'edgier' games were a great segue to Metroid other M. I'm buying all 4.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

KylieDog said:
twesterm said:
KylieDog said:
Carl2291 said:

This.

Mario Galaxy 2?  Honestly...wtf?

A new proper Zelda would be awesome but can you really be upset with SMG2?  That's like being upset you found a $20 bill instead of a $50.

I found Mario galaxy lacking any and all challenge, the game completely bored me.

Galaxy 2 looks to be a perfect clone.   I will not be buying.

Zelda is more overdue for a new game, and there announced another Mario game comming anyway...so not only do we not get Zelda...but 2 Marios.

I bet you only went for the first 60 stars and called it a day. There are over 30 stars in SMG that are extremely challenging.