By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Question about Reggie reading the blogs

I'm glad KylieDog doesn't like Super Mario Galaxy, because if he would actually like the game, it would be so fuck hard that it wouldn't be fun to play.
That is assuming he's the mega prodigy he says he is, which would mean ALL current generation games(with the exception of some games like MAYBE Ninja Gaiden) are waaay too easy for him.

Around the Network

@KylieDog, Go play Ninja Gaiden 1 NES and let me know how you like Area 6-2.

@KylieDog

We get it that you don't like easy games... but that doesn't give you excuse to bs about not dying in the game. These are two different things.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

@Kylie

When you say beat the game what do you mean?

That you cleared a stage? Cleared and zone? Cleared all the stars? Cleared all the stars + Luigi?

Also what is not dieing to you? Do you mean no game overs? Do you mean that you never fell off the board once or lost all your health bar?

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

theRepublic said:
KylieDog said:
^^ Like what?

I am serious amazed people even question this? How the hell do you die? If you say from the enemies I am gonna laugh, and a vast majority of the game you cannot fall to death anymore.

So what? Or where those very very few areas you can can fall-die a massive obstacle for you? Cos they weren't for me...

You are telling me you beat the Lava Spire Daredevil Run on the first try? I don't believe it.  One hit and you are dead.

You beat Star Bunnies in the Snow on the first try? I don't believe it.  Only 150 seconds to find the hidden bunnies and catch them.

You beat both Boo races on the first try?  I don't believe it.  One mistake and you probably lose.

You beat the Sling Pod Galaxy on the first try?  I don't believe it.  Very difficult to get the timing and aiming needed in one try.

You beat the Fate of the Universe on the first try?  I don't believe it.  Long level with many tough parts.

You beat Battlestation's Purple coins on the first try?  I don't believe it.  Only one chance to get every purple coin.  Miss one and you die at the end.

You beat Luigi's Purple Coins on the first try?  I don't believe it.  The route you take is very important since the platforms disappear and never come back.

You beat all the Cosmic Mario races on the first try?  I don't believe it.  I remember losing at least one of them because it wasn't clear where to go.

You beat Purple Coins in the Bone Pen on the first try?  I don't believe it.  Only a 1 minute time limit.

You beat Bouldergeist's Daredevil Run on the first try?  I don't believe it.  One hit and you are dead.

You beat Purple Coins on the Battlerock on the first try?  I don't believe it.  Only one chance to get every purple coin.  Miss one and you die at the end.

You beat all the Trial Galaxies on the first try?  I don't believe it.  Three tough levels.

You beat all of the Dust Dune Galaxy on the first try?  I don't believe it.  Very easy to die in this one.

You didn't make a single dumb mistake on any of the easier levels?  I don't believe it.

Doing any one of these things is not out of the question.  I managed to do a few of them on my first try.  But all of them?  I don't think so.  Since you didn't get 120 stars with Luigi, and then get the 121st that appears for both Mario and Luigi, you can't prove it.

I agree with Kyliedog that the game wasn't that hard and some of the stars that people say are really hard (the trial galaxies for example) i really didn't have any problems with. 

I think everyone had problems with at least SOME of the above stages.  I do not for a moment buy that anyone could do all of them first time.  Some like Star Bunnies and the Bone Pen Purple coin challenge are a little trial and error by nature and failure to do them first time is not a lack of skill.

The only way the KD can stop people calling BS on this is if finishes the game with Luigi (which he admits he hasn't done yet) and then shows his death count, a photo would be fine.  Even if he does die with Luigi it would still show a zero death count with Mario.

If you aren't willing to do this and continue to make unfounded claims people are going to call BS.  You are on a game site with lots of people who are very good at games yet all of them think that this claim is out of the realms of possibility.  You are either being flexible with the truth or the greatest gamer ever.

Around the Network
hsrob said:

I agree with Kyliedog that the game wasn't that hard and some of the stars that people say are really hard (the trial galaxies for example) i really didn't have any problems with. 

I think everyone had problems with at least SOME of the above stages.  I do not for a moment buy that anyone could do all of them first time.  Some like Star Bunnies and the Bone Pen Purple coin challenge are a little trial and error by nature and failure to do them first time is not a lack of skill.

The only way the KD can stop people calling BS on this is if finishes the game with Luigi (which he admits he hasn't done yet) and then shows his death count, a photo would be fine.  Even if he does die with Luigi it would still show a zero death count with Mario.

If you aren't willing to do this and continue to make unfounded claims people are going to call BS.  You are on a game site with lots of people who are very good at games yet all of them think that this claim is out of the realms of possibility.  You are either being flexible with the truth or the greatest gamer ever.

I agree with this 100%.  I was just trying to list most of the more difficult stages.  Like I said at the bottom of my post, I was able to beat a few of those stages on my first try.  I beat two of the trial galaxies on my first try, and I surprised myself when I beat the Lava Spire Daredevil Run on my first try.

Like you and Kylie, I thought most of the game did seem to lean a bit too far on the easy side.  That doesn't mean it is possible to beat the game without dying though.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
hsrob said:

I agree with this 100%.  I was just trying to list most of the more difficult stages.  Like I said at the bottom of my post, I was able to beat a few of those stages on my first try.  I beat two of the trial galaxies on my first try, and I surprised myself when I beat the Lava Spire Daredevil Run on my first try.

Like you and Kylie, I thought most of the game did seem to lean a bit too far on the easy side.  That doesn't mean it is possible to beat the game without dying though.

No sir, i agree with you 100%.  My main point was even if you found one of those particular stages easy undoubtedly someone else would find it hard.  Conversely some of the stages you find hard they might find easy but everyone would find at least some of them hard.  Even if you don't rate them as hard, at very least you are going to die a couple of times.

KylieDog said:

Yes claim BS blah blah blah.

"He beat the game without dying and I didn't! He must be lying!"

And like I mentioned earlier, I beat Ninja Gaiden and Contra 4 without losing a single life... I can talk big too! what's your point?

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

saicho said:
KylieDog said:

Yes claim BS blah blah blah.

"He beat the game without dying and I didn't! He must be lying!"

And like I mentioned earlier, I beat Ninja Gaiden and Contra 4 without losing a single life... I can talk big too! what's your point?

On the first play through?

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

KylieDog said:
Sorry but I am not playing through the game as Luigi for god knows how many hours when I find the game boring. I'm especially not doing it to prove it to someone on the internet. Would still be some child who claims "Oh that isn't your screenshot" or "That is photoshopped" or some other stupid claim.

If I really cared about silencing doubt I could go grab a perfect all stars no death action replay created save file from gamefaqs or some other site and e-mail it to nord like he asked. He would be none the wiser and is less effort than finding a SD-USB convertor. That would be dishonest though, and as I said, I do not care about silencing doubt.

Don't wanna believe me, I don't give a crap, is the truth and nothing will change that. Failure to believe it isn't my concern or of care.

This is fair enough, you don't have to prove anything to anyone but since this is at least the third thread where you've brought up the claim you seem to want people to believe you or enjoy the attention it garners.   If it really isn't important to you i don't understand why you bring it up in the first place.