By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I am disappointed in Alan Wake

Who? If you're talking to me then no. The only Metal Gear Solid I ever played was 2, and I don't even own a PS3 so I don't feel like I'm missing out. I just think devs need to put products on shelves instead of hyping them up for 3-4 years before release.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Around the Network

Graphics are actually pretty good.. lighting and shadows looked interesting..Will wait to see more footage but so far it could be huge given the right push. It shd be out by fall 2009 though coz its seems to be taking forever( cough cough FF13), any more delay and ppl will get bored with it.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

infamous8 said:

No 2009 release.

Limited gameplay footage shown.

Average graphics.

meh. I was expecting a lot more considering how much the internet fanboys hyped it up. Ah well. I'll probably still pick it up.

so can i quote you when i will be making countless threads about sony games after today E3 conference?

infamous8 said:
Keep_the_change said:
infamous8 said:
If I want a great story, I'll read a book.

So MGS4 for you is just pure shit! You'd rather see a movie or read a book than playing it.

Dude, check my post on the Sony forums where I am complaining about MGS4 cutscenes.

I like when a game has great gameplay and great story combined (InFAMOUS for example)... but if it's just all story and mediocre gameplay like Alan Wake seems to be, than I do not like that.

MGS 4 was good gameplay, BUT the gameplay seemed way too short compared to the hour long cutscenes. MGS isnt complete shit, but it couldve been balanced out much better IMO, like Uncharted was. Uncharted combined story and gameplay perfectly.

Seems. Stop being a fanboy please.

infamous8 said:
darklich13 said:
Troll Troll Troll some more, gently down the stream

As a 360 owner and supporter, am I not allowed an opinion?

YOU are the one trolling me.

Huge ps3 exclusive avatar.

Huge ps3 exclusive signature.

Long history of one-sided posting and fanboyism.

What are you trying to do here, compensating after your "kojima is a sony fanboy and there won't be a mgs for the 360" fiasco thread?

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

i like the game. i didnt believe all that bs "the first trailer is 360 ingame footage" like i dont believe it with the new "forza 3 cgi trailer".but both games look good .at least 2 million sellers.

Bitmap Frogs said:
infamous8 said:
darklich13 said:

Huge ps3 exclusive avatar.

Huge ps3 exclusive signature.

Long history of one-sided posting and fanboyism.

What are you trying to do here, compensating after your "kojima is a sony fanboy and there won't be a mgs for the 360" fiasco thread?

+1

@infamous

If your a 360 supporter than I would compare you to a priest preaching the gospel and than going home and screwing the choir boy...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

infamous8 said:
darklich13 said:

I don't know if I would equate pirating 360 games with supporting the console.

You were disappointed in Alan Wake. Well, tickle my pickle, I did not see that one coming.

Alan Wake looked amazing.

The flares had some of the best lighting and smoke effects ive seen.