By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I am disappointed in Alan Wake

damndl0ser said:
ChichiriMuyo said:
While the game is graphically stunning I too am disappointed. It seems like every E3 Alan Wake is going to be released "next year." It's not as bad as Duke Nukem Forever because they at least they show progress, but this is a game people seriously believed that they might be playing last year. I know they want the game to look good, but sometimes you have to admit you've pushed the envelope enough and just release the product.

Or Killzone!

The only problem I had with the game was that it isn't out yet.  I love the lighting and mood of the demo and think the game will be spot on.  If it takes another 6-10 months I am ok with it.  Afterall we have waited this long, I would rather them take the time to polish it than to rush it and ruine it.  

It isn't surprising that the OP didn't like this game, and I would have been surprised if he hadn't made a thread to troll it.  He isn't fooling any of the regulars (to this site) and it doesn't take long to figure that out.  It is fun reading some of his threads, not often do you see a fanboy stick their foot in their mouth as often as he does.  

Actually. It's exacly as bad as killzone :p

E3 2005: Alan Wake Announced

Remedy seeks to play with your mind. Literally.

May 18, 2005 - Remedy has announced that they're currently at work on Alan Wake, billed as a psychological action thriller set to hit the Xbox 360 and PC. The game takes place in a small town in the state of Washington. Players will take control of Alan Wake, a successful horror writer, who writes a novel about his most horrific nightmares. And guess what? You'll get to meet them all in the actual game.

OH SNAP ! :P

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

My disappointment stems from the fact that it is going to be more of an action game, and not along the lines of a "Silent Hill" game that I hoped it would be. I'm still buying it, but I wanted it to be more of a psychological type of game. It probably wouldn't sell as well, though.

i agree with the op

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

For me, Alan Wake was the Best Game in Show at MS E3. I'm sorry, but does nobody here know what Alan Wake is? Its open world, meaning that in all likelihood, that one scene was ONLY so action based because it was a mission, and a very tense one at that. More then likely, when investigating and finding clues, the game will have much more in common with Silent Hill.

Oh to know nothing of a game and judge it from a single section. How...usual. I

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

The game looks awesome, while it scares me that it looks similar to Alone in the Dark, i believe this game has lots of potential.

OP is blind by his bias

Around the Network

Well I'm sad the game isn't coming out until spring as well but you lost me at limited gameplay shown. The gameplay was video was plenty long in fact when I was watching the video I started to wonder how much longer were they going to go. Ofcourse since I didn't mind because the game is freaking beautiful. I've seen one other game this year that had my jaw drop and that was uncharted2.

Shadowblind said:

For me, Alan Wake was the Best Game in Show at MS E3. I'm sorry, but does nobody here know what Alan Wake is? Its open world, meaning that in all likelihood, that one scene was ONLY so action based because it was a mission, and a very tense one at that. More then likely, when investigating and finding clues, the game will have much more in common with Silent Hill.

Oh to know nothing of a game and judge it from a single section. How...usual. I

This makes sense.  I bet the game starts off slowly and builds to that level of intensity.  In all probability, that footage was from very far into the game.  I remember when they showed off Gears of War 2 at E3.  I watched the gameplay and thought "this looks pretty awesome".  Then, after I bought the game, I learned that this was footage from THE LAST LEVEL.  I don't have much to go on, besides that video, but I bet the game is more Silent Hill than Resident Evil. 

Thanks for putting things back into perspective, Shadowblind!

the game looked awesome. i have no idea what you are talking about.

d21lewis said:
Shadowblind said:

Oh to know nothing of a game and judge it from a single section. How...usual.

This makes sense.  I bet the game starts off slowly and builds to that level of intensity.  In all probability, that footage was from very far into the game.  I remember when they showed off Gears of War 2 at E3.  I watched the gameplay and thought "this looks pretty awesome".  Then, after I bought the game, I learned that this was footage from THE LAST LEVEL.  I don't have much to go on, besides that video, but I bet the game is more Silent Hill than Resident Evil. 

Thanks for putting things back into perspective, Shadowblind!

Its what I'm good for ^_^

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Not to impressed with Alan Wake either. I'm sure it will be a great game don't get me wrong, but like some im jaded by silent hill. Now if only konami would take silent hill away from western developers and back in the hands of the japanese....