By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I am disappointed in Alan Wake

Keep_the_change said:
infamous8 said:
If I want a great story, I'll read a book.

So MGS4 for you is just pure shit! You'd rather see a movie or read a book than playing it.

Dude, check my post on the Sony forums where I am complaining about MGS4 cutscenes.

I like when a game has great gameplay and great story combined (InFAMOUS for example)... but if it's just all story and mediocre gameplay like Alan Wake seems to be, than I do not like that.

MGS 4 was good gameplay, BUT the gameplay seemed way too short compared to the hour long cutscenes. MGS isnt complete shit, but it couldve been balanced out much better IMO, like Uncharted was. Uncharted combined story and gameplay perfectly.

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

Around the Network
infamous8 said:
Yes. A barbarian I am. I dont read books. I eat them.

Lmao!!

WereKitten said:
^There you go :) But seriously, this game was always supposed to be about the story and the atmosphere. I frankly never cared much for the hyping about its technical prowess, as long as it worked to give me the right feeling with those creepy outdoors.

My neighborhood is creepy enough. If I want creepy outdoors, I will go outside.

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

axumblade said:
WereKitten said:
axumblade said:
CAL4M1TY said:

Also, Alan wake was far from a disappointment for me. It was engaging, tense and suspenseful. I wouldn't say it was scary, but it had an amazing atmosphere.

I agree completely. I think it was going for more of a creepy atmosphere then scary, which I really think is awesome.

It looked good, but it was very different from what I expected. It was tagged as a psychological horror and the tech demos were about expansive, monumental environments.

What they demo-ed though was an action packed, over the shoulder RE4/5 like gameplay. It could be that what they showed doesn't reflect the atmosphere of the game as a whole, but I expected something more like an adventure game, and with a subtler setting.

In my opinion, it is hard to actually make a demo creepy or scary. The only demo I can say actually freaked me out was the Siren demo. x.o

siren was freaky XD

is.. i didn't finish it yet :x

Check out my game about moles ^

infamous8 said:
WereKitten said:
^There you go :) But seriously, this game was always supposed to be about the story and the atmosphere. I frankly never cared much for the hyping about its technical prowess, as long as it worked to give me the right feeling with those creepy outdoors.

Good for you. For those of us unlucky enough to live in sunbathed and cozy places though, this game could be great :)

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

Around the Network
WereKitten said:
infamous8 said:
WereKitten said:

Good for you. For those of us unlucky enough to live in sunbathed and cozy places though, this game could be great :)

Weird eh? I like games in warm climates..jungle/beach settings. And I live in Canada.

I wonder if the opposite for true for ppl like you who live in "sunbathed cozy places"

I was dissapointed with Alan Wake. It seemed very slow pace. I'll have to watch the gameplay trailer again though.

infamous8 said:
WereKitten said:

Weird eh? I like games in warm climates..jungle/beach settings. And I live in Canada.

I wonder if the opposite for true for ppl like you who live in "sunbathed cozy places"

Probably. Escapism at its best.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

While the game is graphically stunning I too am disappointed. It seems like every E3 Alan Wake is going to be released "next year." It's not as bad as Duke Nukem Forever because they at least they show progress, but this is a game people seriously believed that they might be playing last year. I know they want the game to look good, but sometimes you have to admit you've pushed the envelope enough and just release the product.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Still bitter after this (http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=74675&page=1)? LOL