By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Where are you from?

I'm here in New Jersey, moved from New York some years ago. Contrary to The Source's post I'm not rich. Not even close. Don't really see any craze about video games, or maybe it's just because I don't ask. Actually, now that I think about it there are some things I hear about. In fact, there usually from girls. Right now I'm hearing about all those games like Guitar Heroe. My older sister asked if I played it before which had me all confused. One of my friends has contest with she goes out. I have a ds and my mom and one of my younger sisters never stop nagging me about Brain Age. Wii and DS are very popular with my little sisters friends. Don't really hear about ps3, hear about 360 from guys every once and a while. Even though this is what I hear, I'm certain that ps2 and ds are the most popular right now. Strange thing is, it seems there a lot of late gc owners coming from no where. In high school, my friends only talked about ps2. But in the last couple of weeks those same friends are asking to borrow my gc controllers so that they can play Mario Party 7 or 8(don't know which) so that they can play till 5 in the morning. College must give them a lot of free time on their hands. I myself haven't played any games since I beat Zelda TP(GC) which was in January.

Around the Network

stof said: Why on earth would I want to go to the desert? or Arizona!? And you can get a sunburn wherever It's Sunny. I've had my skin come off in clumps in Chapleau Ontario. Where's that? It's 13 hours north of Toronto.
I know for a fact you dont get good surfing waves in florida tho. I also know there arent many towns like 'san louis obispo' Infact, I have been to almost every state in the country... I've never been in a city like that before. (I hate to say it, but that is one of the most amazing cities I've ever been in)

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Diumerto..the thing is...I live between the city with the most crime in the USA (Camden NJ) and the town voted the nicest town to live in out of the entire USA (Moorestown - look it up). One has a household income of $18,000 on average, the other has a household income of $400,000 on average. My town is completely between both...The variety in NJ is unbelievable. I mean my town is suburban, but it also has huge farms and access to a small river and urban areas. I'd say Jersey is like 20-20-20-20-20...obscenely rich, obscenely poor, middle class, lower middle class, upper middle class class. My town is not super rich ( just little variety, 2 millionares, and 100 homeless at last count ), but the people are..smart...really smart...98% of the highschool kids graduate...and over 90% goto college. Its not like the town is small either...over 50,000 people.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

TheSource said: Diumerto..the thing is...I live between the city with the most crime in the USA (Camden NJ) and the town voted the nicest town to live in out of the entire USA (Moorestown - look it up). One has a household income of $18,000 on average, the other has a household income of $400,000 on average. My town is completely between both...The variety in NJ is unbelievable. I mean my town is suburban, but it also has huge farms and access to a small river and urban areas. I'd say Jersey is like 20-20-20-20-20...obscenely rich, obscenely poor, middle class, lower middle class, upper middle class class. My town is not super rich ( just little variety, 2 millionares, and 100 homeless at last count ), but the people are..smart...really smart...98% of the highschool kids graduate...and over 90% goto college. Its not like the town is small either...over 50,000 people.
My name d-i-a-m-u-e-r-t-o. Not Diumerto, don't be lazy. And yes I know what your talking about. I had to do a report on one of my classes about this. From Hoboken full of yuppies to Union City with a 49 cents store. The diversity in a small space is unbelievable.

staticneuron said: ShinKazenoKizzu said: I live in the bahamas and we don't have video game retailers eg. walmart toy'r'us ebgame gametop ect. A ps3 cost 1100 for the core and 1300 for the 60gb version. and 1 bahamian dollar = 1 u.s dollar Wow, that is horrible. i am from Miami, Florida, where the weather is hot but the women are even hotter.
I can't wait...I will be there this Thursday. I'm hope the women are HOT!!!!!!!! I'm from San Diego, so they have to be pretty hot to surpass the women here.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Around the Network

Canada!!!!

Hey!, I'm from Valencia, Venezuela(South America). And it's very hot here all year long, sometimes is good, and a lot of times is really annoying.

Last gen was really a pirate battle between Xbox and PS2, and the situation ended like 45% PS2 40% Xbox and 15% GC. The situation now is like 68% X360 27% Wii and 5% PS3, due to piracy of course. You can find all the 3 consoles on stock in almost any game store(the PS3 is more hard to find) and the prices are somewhere like:

X360: 450$(with modchip for the core)

Wii: 430$

PS3: 800$(or even more)

See you around!.

Sorry for my english, I'm a spanish native speaker so my english is not perfect

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

Shido said:

Hey!, I'm from Valencia, Venezuela(South America). And it's very hot here all year long, sometimes is good, and a lot of times is really annoying.

Last gen was really a pirate battle between Xbox and PS2, and the situation ended like 45% PS2 40% Xbox and 15% GC. The situation now is like 68% X360 27% Wii and 5% PS3, due to piracy of course. You can find all the 3 consoles on stock in almost any game store(the PS3 is more hard to find) and the prices are somewhere like:

X360: 450$(with modchip for the core)

Wii: 430$

PS3: 800$(or even more)

See you around!.

Sorry for my english, I'm a spanish native speaker so my english is not perfect

If they can understand my spelling you shouldn't have any problem, and welcome!

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

I'm from Québec in Canada... It's waaaaay too cold here! (I hate it! I can't wait for summer!) Anyways, heureuse de vous rencontrer! (French - Meaning: Happy to meet you!)

France, near Paris.

Here X360 don't sells very well and PS3 had  slow start (78K first week). Wii sells well but it always out of stocks...