By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii= Gamecube 1.5 says N'Gai Croal

Beyond3D for an article about console gaming... right...

And seriously... for an article coming from them, it's just filled with assumptions and the like... not exactly 'technical'

But anyway, how many times this has been said?

"... that people accept its limitants..." Excuse me but WHAT THE F*CK?! Who the f*ck out there doesn't knows that the Wii is very limited compared to the other two?! Sheesh...

Around the Network

wii is a gamecube 1.5...

...in hardware area.

I agree.

looking at mario galaxy  this is sentence is even more spectacular!!!!

a "miserable"  gamecube 1.5 is capable of that gorgeous game.

a "miserable"  gamecube 1.5 is capable to get the gap of six millions 360 in 6 months!!!

a "miserable"  gamecube 1.5 is capable to polverize ps3 on hardware and software numbers.

I love this "miserable" gamecube 1.5!!!!!!

Omg!!

This article uses the most infamous argument: "Will the Wii continue to do as well once the Xbox 360 or the PS3 approaches the $200 barrier?"

The fact is - they don't! Is it so hard to see?

If graphics were the end all be all. People would just spend tons of money and buy an amazing PC when direct x 10 came out. Come on folks. Graphically the ps3 and xbox 360 will be outdone (at least theoretically) by PC's. I mean have you seen crysis. I really don't think graphics is any indicator of how good a system is. And yes, if you're talking about processing speeds the wii is about 1.65 times faster than the gamecube. Fun factor = 100x more, and that's why I bought it. Besides, PS3 is just trying to push across it's media format (Blu-ray) It has nothing to do with the necessity of that storage capacity. 

who cares, the wii isnt about graphics, its about motion controls and the wiimote. Personally i think there is a bigger leap between Gamecube > wii, then there is for PS2 > PS3. Nintendo took a gamle with the wii and it worked for them. As Einstein said, "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex ... it takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction".

Around the Network

Did anyone see my previous post?

Snesboy said:

They can say all they want, until they give specific numbers it means nothing.  3rd partys have called it GC 1.5, they have worled on the gc and wii i take their word on this.   Nintendo Sony MS all talk up their consoles way beyond what they really will ever do.

Snesboy said:

Clock speed isn't everything.  In other words 2-3 times as powerful does not mean 2-3 times the clock speed.

Agreed.

Sony said PS3 was 35 times more powerful than PS2. Yeah right.

Microsoft also said before 360's release that it was 10 times more powerful than Xbox.

I believe Nintendo was the most modest and down-to-earth with their statement of 2-3 times more powerful than GameCube though. 

Snesboy said:

i have read somewhere that the cpu of wii is from a family of cpus clocked on 700/900 mhz by ibm.

that's not a matter...

they considered on graphics they see on screen.

you cosidered numbers derived from an interview on ign and now assumed like trustful...

we willl never know since nintendo will never give us the real numbers.

we know only that wii's cpu is a customizedone from an ibm cpus problably clocked in the rang of 700/900 mhz.

for sure is a single core 

and it helps somehow the gpus on graphics...

the gps is the mistery...

it's really powerfull on performance. 

it' has to be really well designed.

but also for it

we will never know the real numbers and how they achived these good performances...