By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Slim + PSP GO + Price Cut

remember how all those things are irrelevant and dont excuse your behavior

Around the Network

Guys, its pretty much confirmed that the PS3 Slim and PSP Go exist but they both aren't going to be at E3. Sony will want each new iteration to shine. The PS3 slim is probably complicated to make in large quantity, so Sony is just starting to make them, which is why there was a cease and desist order given to Engagnet. PSP GO should be the focus of the show, but the current bundles announced for PSP are likely to clear out PSP 1000 to PSP 3000 inventory.

I'm expecting PSP Go at E3, with the PS3 Slim saved for a European show or a TGS. Neither product will likely be available before the fall though, which means PS3 will likely be ~8-9m behind 360 in the USA, nearby in Europe, and well ahead in Japan just as it is now and PSP will remain 60 million or whatever behind DS.

If PSP Go really is digital distribution only, there is probably going to be a slow phase out of PSP software at retail. Since software volumes are greater than hardware volumes - always - by a huge amount, you would expect that to mean that the decline of old sw would predate the introduction of new PSP Hw, in which case PSP hardware sales could falter pretty hard the next few months (since it would be hard to get software at a store).

Thats all just speculative on my part, but I don't think its unreasonable either.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

by saying ps3 lost all ps2 profits is false. the truth is you have nothing to back your claim up so.

Max King of the Wild said:
^ instead of trolling provide facts like me. According to Sony they are still losing 10%. I believe they havent modified the ps3 since fall. So its obvious the ps3 isnt that big of a sink hole that people made it out to be. So many people in this site kept shouting 'SONYS LOSING AT LEAST 100 BUCKS STILL' and calling people like me delusional. well... looks like i was right all along. So if their losses didnt all occur from the ps3 where is it comming from?

I just want to point out that guestimations and speculation is not facts.  They may be relatively close or could be way off.  Regardless, just please understand you did not provide facts other than the 10% figure.

^ the president did say 10% per ps3. that was fact. the ps2 components were the first to be removed that was fact. the ps2 did cost 150 that was fact. the only estimate i provided was the 900 dollar figure... who were the same people who estimated 40$ now which turned out to be true. I also think Sony said they were losing 300 dollars at the start.... so i did provide facts

Around the Network

@max king of trolls - This is the second source I have provided that says the ps3 has wasted all the ps2 profits.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3169439

Please think logically for yourself, and stop being hypnotized by sony propaganda.

the accurate wording would be "since the time ps3 has been on the market the profits from the ps2 have been spent" because really you dont work at sony so really you cant give me a definitive answer on what took ps2s profits. i gave you 7 other possible causes.

^^ya your article is saying that Sony is losing $260 per console. Right..... also the guy who gave 1up those statistics is a guy who worked on the game enter the matrix. Totally reliable right?

hell ill allow you to say the ps3 lost all ps2 profits just as long as you say the other 6 contributors

rafichamp said:
^^ya your article is saying that Sony is losing $260 per console. Right..... also the guy who gave 1up those statistics is a guy who worked on the game enter the matrix. Totally reliable right?

they said at one point... so... i assume they refering to when it came out