By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Slim + PSP GO + Price Cut

PS3rd slim + PSP GO + PRICE CUT = BANKRUPTCY

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
TheTruthProphet said:

Errr...what? Do you work for Sony or something?

Yes.

I don't think the PSP Go will outsell the DSslim/DSi a lot of people still prefer to actually buy physical copies of their games something that can't be done with the PSP Go. I also doubt that the release of the PS3 slim will narrow the gap between the 360 and PS3 that much. Kotaku did a follow up story on the PS3 slim and said that its will come out but not anytime soon because Sony still has tons of old PS3 that they have to sell first. As for a price cut they said that they don't expect one until the fall because summer price cuts usually don't boost sales that much. Also I doubt that Sony will go for a $100 price cut right away they have to recoup the money that it cost to design and test the PS3 slim first.

TheTruthProphet said:

Only if they cut price on the big ps3. The slim should be loads cheaper to make.

I mean, just look at the material..

how would they go bankrupt? A UMD less PSP? you know how much money they will save? The PSP GO will probably go on retail for $99.99

Around the Network
rafichamp said:
how would they go bankrupt? A UMD less PSP? you know how much money they will save? The PSP GO will probably go on retail for $99.99

they are not going to use the money they saved by selling it at $99... I think the original psp will be $149 and the PSP GO will be $199 w/ 6-month rental subscription or some other value added service

prediction: wii to sell 150million console by end of 2010

rafichamp said:

Very wrong. It's considered the ''premium model'' according to the leaked information so It'll most likely be $200 at the very least.

^^ okey anyways, they will make a large profit on it.

Don't feed the troll!
OT: PSP GO will outsell DSi? Maybe or maybe not but I think it safe to say that it will outsell it in first few months then will on Par with DSi.
PS3 slim with a price cut will do wonders for SONY, together with a strong exclusive(GT5, GOW3, Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain, FF13 in Japan or MGS5?).

^^ whos the troll?