By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Slim + PSP GO + Price Cut

TheTruthProphet said:

PS3rd slim + PSP GO + PRICE CUT = BANKRUPTCY

You are full of hate... Very sad.

Around the Network

^ he can provide links to show that since the ps3 released Sony started losing money but he cant prove all the loses occured from the ps3

Max King of the Wild said:
^ he can provide links to show that since the ps3 released Sony started losing money but he cant prove all the loses occured from the ps3

TwROO from other thread -

SCE DOES NOT EQUAL PS3 ONLY!

SCE includes PS2, PSP and PS3... they report profits for the division, not for each console..... think about it.... before the PSP came (FY 2003 in liquid ninjas thread) along SCE was making $1 billion per year, so that is what the PS2 is capable of profit wise... PS2 on it's own probably made a bit more than that in the following 2 years (FY2004/5) BUT some of those profits were masked by the PSP, which was draining money at the time.... which is why SCE made $600 million, followed by $400 million instead of making over $1 billion like they would have done without the PSP.

The drop in profits for FY 2006 down to only $77 million is too large to be PSP only... I would estimate that that year was relatively break even for PSP, or at lease minimal losses, but the PS2 was still selling amazingly, as was it's software, so without PSP and PS3 influence they would probably have made at least close to $1 billion.... instead though, they barely made a profit.

Then the big ones... SCE lost $2 billion, then $1 billion, and last year lost $600 million. During those 3 years, both the PS2 and PSP were definately profitable.... so if the PS3 had not been there, the division would have made profits... estimating those profits is what I am doing to show that the PS3 has lost Sony a lot more than $4 billion..... because the PS3 both wiped out any profit made, as well as adding huge losses too.

I can think of multiple things other than the ps3 which caused loses at Sony. A. Software. Big budget games that were in development which didnt bring in revenue. IE - GT5, KZ2 and also comercial flops such as Lair, Folklore, Genji, ect ect. B. R&D on peripherals. Dual Shock 3's and eye toys don't just materialize over night. C. R&D on Hardware. PSPGOs and PS4s dont just materialize overnight. D. exchange rates. When the ps3 launched the economy was healthy. 120 yen per dollar. Recently it drped to 92 yen per dollar. thats the equivalent of a 120 price cut on the ps3 for sony on the 400 dollar model (NOTE - EXCHANGE RATES DONT JUST EFFECT THE PS3 BUT ALL SOHNY PRUDUCTS LIKE THE PS2 AND PSP) and completely forgot about E and F. E. selling the psp at a loss. with SW to make up the difference which brings me to F. PSP SW being Pirated not making up the PSP losses (also not making up for development )

CGI-Quality said:
TheTruthProphet said:
@max king of trolls - "Ps3 isn't that big of a sink hole"...... Huh?

6 billion dollars gone in 2.5 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 product = 6 billion dollar loss AND GROWING!!!!!

All the ps2 profits ....GONE...BYE BYE.

Your definition of sink hole is obviously wrong.

Would you please provide links....

Also, I don't think I've EVER met someone who wants Sony to fail as bad as you seem to. Fortunately, they aren't going to, so you'll just have to deal with it.

I don't think I've EVER met someone who wants -$ony to succeed as bad as you seem to.  Fortunately, they aren't going to, so you'll just have to deal with 3rd place.

Around the Network

TheTruthProphet told me the reason he wants sony to fail with a passion is because they betrayed the consumer with a $600 console, and because they promised things that never came true. Thats what he told me.

mM

and he calls me a troll when all he does is spew false claims and hate.

CGI, dont worry about the Truth Prophet, he's a alternate account of some 360 fanboy.

Leo-J is cprroect. I just really hate the propaganda, arrogance and rubbish PR coming from sony these days. Not to excuse microsoft, they have been guilty of underhanded deceitful practices as well.

But it seems like sony is on a whole different level.

Remember the wikipedia editing of HALO 3?

Remember sony PR man Jack Tretton "if you find a ps3 on the shelf i will give you $1200 for it"?

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2007/20070210.jpg

Remember the E3 2005 lie-fest?

The list goes on and on.

Max King of the Wild said:
and he calls me a troll when all he does is spew false claims and hate.

Actually, none of my claims have been proven false.

Hate is a relative term.  The truth has obviously brutalized you.

I'm sorry for speaking factually.