By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gladiator A.D. Nintendo WiiTrailer - No Mercy Trailer

i'll wait for more before i judge

Around the Network
SHMUPGurus said:
Funny how the Roman period always seems to be the best time for doing "demo/prototype" fighter type of games? I mean, it's their first fighting game, eh? Because, between you and me, this looks as fun and deep as the 2D fighter my bro made with The Games Factory a long time ago (with Roman characters, haha)!

Oh, I'm maybe judging too early, but unless this game has a storymode of some kind or decent online, it looks like it could easily go in the bargain bin a few months after release. In other words, the concept looks weak.

how could you conclude its weak with a 1min trailer that has <30secs of gameplay from a very early build of a game that has a year to finish? Especially considering the info that was stated in the original IGN report yesterday concerning a lot of very cool ideas that were not shown in that 1min video.

You sir, are way too judgmental.

Actually your opinion is why HVS should wait a little longer before they start to show videos / info. Same happened with conduit, now that its almost out and some great videos are released people are less against it.

Can't wait to see videos from next January.

WOW, not this game got my interest for sure!.First i think it gonna be something like GOW or DMC which i don't like at all.But everything change since it looking much like Punch Out!! or maybe RE4.

Can't wait to see more trailers now! :D

superchunk said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Funny how the Roman period always seems to be the best time for doing "demo/prototype" fighter type of games? I mean, it's their first fighting game, eh? Because, between you and me, this looks as fun and deep as the 2D fighter my bro made with The Games Factory a long time ago (with Roman characters, haha)!

Oh, I'm maybe judging too early, but unless this game has a storymode of some kind or decent online, it looks like it could easily go in the bargain bin a few months after release. In other words, the concept looks weak.

how could you conclude its weak with a 1min trailer that has <30secs of gameplay from a very early build of a game that has a year to finish? Especially considering the info that was stated in the original IGN report yesterday concerning a lot of very cool ideas that were not shown in that 1min video.

You sir, are way too judgmental.

Actually your opinion is why HVS should wait a little longer before they start to show videos / info. Same happened with conduit, now that its almost out and some great videos are released people are less against it.

Can't wait to see videos from next January.

Haha, I was expecting some kind of response like this. Look, I'm not against HVS at all and I'm honestly not the kind of guy to "judge a book by its cover."

The main thing I wanted to say in my post was the first paragraph I wrote, to be honest. The rest is some random bullshit, I guess! xD

I mean, it's kind of true because the only sprites you have for a fighting game in The Games Factory is gladiator-looking characters and it simply reminded me of a test game my bro made a while ago. I was just hoping it wouldn't just be a fun test game, that's all.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Pullus, I think Gladiator A.D looks better graphically than the game on the video. Plus, the game's not even done yet, so it will definitely look better once it's finished. the fighting is also more appealing, I think.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Around the Network

IGN Nintendo Podcast confirmed that footage being an early build and will have a more recent build video from HVS soon.

It really is a early version cause it looks quite awful, but initially im interested!

Hyperion said:
Pullus, I think Gladiator A.D looks better graphically than the game on the video. Plus, the game's not even done yet, so it will definitely look better once it's finished. the fighting is also more appealing, I think.

have you played "The game on the video" ?, it was made years ago by capcom , and the scale of it is huge, since you travel all over Rome, and you can go into tournaments and stuff on the arena. and had awesome Cell Shaded graphics that looks like your reading a roman book.

(i hope Capcom releases a Sequel on all consoles, this game is underrated)

i wish this game was like it, but it looks really simple and just a bloody version of Punch out.

See what i mean? Developers should work harder for the Wii, not just in graphics but also gameplay , its funny how Ps2 games excell wii games and Wii competes against PSP games graphicly.

PullusPardus said:
Hyperion said:

have you played "The game on the video" ?, it was made years ago by capcom , and the scale of it is huge, since you travel all over Rome, and you can go into tournaments and stuff on the arena. and had awesome Cell Shaded graphics that looks like your reading a roman book.

(i hope Capcom releases a Sequel on all consoles, this game is underrated)

i wish this game was like it, but it looks really simple and just a bloody version of Punch out.

See what i mean? Developers should work harder for the Wii, not just in graphics but also gameplay , its funny how Ps2 games excell wii games and Wii competes against PSP games graphicly.

How to you know it's just a bloody version of Punch-Out? Have you played it? The trailer is from a build which couldn't be older than 5 months. How the gameplay will work exactly, is rather unclear. Maybe in 6 months you can complain about something like that.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

First trailer before announce a game officially like this mostly made to see the raw artstyle ,unfinished gameplay etc.To see the whole picture of this game, just like what we see on TC trailers 6-7 months ago.(or older than that, something that they didn't show us at all.)

This mean they didn't much polished anything in this trailer yet ,same process as i drawing my comic.

1. Raw sketch - to check many things before start real work.(I gotta send it to my editor for approval first.)

2. Detail sketch - before final process.

3. Finish.

This's quite off topic, but i hope you understand what i want to say. ( ^_^)\

(Sorry for post a pictures that may disturb this topic.I think use something that i use to will be much easier for me to explain what i want to say in English.)

About this game, it too fast to judge what it will look like in final product.Look at The Conduit for example. :D