By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

interesting, i'd like to see it in motion. i'll be following this one.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Joelcool7 said:

Am I the only one who think the Grinder looks sort of repetitive. A quick look at the screen shots reveal three main enemies, vampires, werewolves and undead. But all the vampires and werewolves look alike and it seems based on the screens shown that you just fight off wave after wave of monsters. Of course its too early to pass judgement considering only a few screens have been revealed but it looks pretty repetitive to me. The Conduit on the other hand seems to have a wide variety of enemies and weapons while The Grinder just appears to be a gore fest.

I might be more interested when they give us some footage and show us some more variety.

Left 4 Dead has generic zombies, Tank, Boomer, Smoker, Witch, and Hunter.  Yet it's one of the highest rated games last year winning a lot of awards.  This is clearly a Left 4 Dead clone so it's not the number of different enemies what will say if this game is good it depends on the gameplay, which they seem to want to make different but the same as L4D.

Based on the current description, features this game has over L4D:

- characters have different skill sets

- some kind of leveling system

- NPCs to rescue

- some focus on melee combat, at least for some characters

Features L4D has over this game:

- versus mode

Did I miss anything?

I have a lot of beefs with L4D, including the very repetitive gameplay, so there are quite a few things that HVS might do to improve the formula. This game looks like it will have a longer dev cycle than any of their other games, so I think they have an actual shot of one-upping L4D. Of course, it helps that Valve already broke ground on this FPS concept.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Joelcool7 said:

Am I the only one who think the Grinder looks sort of repetitive. A quick look at the screen shots reveal three main enemies, vampires, werewolves and undead. But all the vampires and werewolves look alike and it seems based on the screens shown that you just fight off wave after wave of monsters. Of course its too early to pass judgement considering only a few screens have been revealed but it looks pretty repetitive to me. The Conduit on the other hand seems to have a wide variety of enemies and weapons while The Grinder just appears to be a gore fest.

I might be more interested when they give us some footage and show us some more variety.

Left 4 Dead has generic zombies, Tank, Boomer, Smoker, Witch, and Hunter.  Yet it's one of the highest rated games last year winning a lot of awards.  This is clearly a Left 4 Dead clone so it's not the number of different enemies what will say if this game is good it depends on the gameplay, which they seem to want to make different but the same as L4D.

Based on the current description, features this game has over L4D:

- characters have different skill sets

- some kind of leveling system

- NPCs to rescue

- some focus on melee combat, at least for some characters

Features L4D has over this game:

- versus mode

Did I miss anything?

I have a lot of beefs with L4D, including the very repetitive gameplay, so there are quite a few things that HVS might do to improve the formula. This game looks like it will have a longer dev cycle than any of their other games, so I think they have an actual shot of one-upping L4D. Of course, it helps that Valve already broke ground on this FPS concept.

Some good points, if HVS can make the game balanced and fun with cool powers for the monsters and good AI those advantages could play out into a much better game overall, but that's if HVS can match L4D first.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Thank god someone's FINALLY making a real effort on Wii. High-end graphics (for Wii), 4-player online co-op, local multiplayer, intelligent AI, great sound design... FINALLY no more half-assed so-so efforts.

Also, Wii Motion Plus Swordfighting practically confirmed FTW! :D

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

HVS put inspiration they got from AAA games into their own games.

The Conduit - (Metroid Prime + Half-Life 2)
Gladiator A.D. - (God of war + DMC maybe?)
The Grinder - (L4D+FPS game and experience from The Conduit)

I hope TC comes out great so i will keep my eyes on GAD and TG. :D

Around the Network

wow, looks intriging good news for wii only users

This game is going to be SICK!!

HVS is really delivering for Wii.
This game seems like it's gonna turn out great.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Good, hope their games each sell over 400k each. They've put in so much effort, it would suck if they sold badly. P.S. Just how much money does the dev get from every $50 game sold? $25, $30?

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Honestly i dont think these games wil sell badly. Of all of them, i think Gladiator is the only one that may end up not so good.

I love the wii, but i havnt bought any "core" games for it recently because they're all so uninteresting imo. I personally dont want to play as a spider or scorpion. i dont want a black and white gore fest with repetitive gameplay. I dont want another rail shooter.

None of the core games released on the wii recently have been in any way mainstream, so im not entirely suprised that core games havent sold heaps recently. The HVS games have much more mainstream appeal, so they should sell better.

But it remains to be seen if a new ip with comercial appeal can even sell well. I dont think ive seen a single mainsteam core game on the wii yet. I have hope though.